London (change)
Today 22°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 22°C / 16°C
13 messages
15/03/2013 at 10:45
Thought I'd read that as Verdun there .....
15/03/2013 at 10:54

http://www.geraniumsuk.com/about-us

They've been around a long time and I've never heard anything against them.

15/03/2013 at 11:33
Bunny, that's what I thought. What had I done wrong now I wondered?
Yes I have used this nursery. They supply very small plants but they are good. Pelargoniums grow so fast now that plants supplied are soon beefy. I bought mainly for the scented ones.
Their service? Excellent. I had the odd dud plant but it was replaced immediately without any fuss.
Just one issue.....Vernons also supply hardy outdoor geraniums as bare root plants and I don't like this. They often take long time to grow n flower so I prefer to buy potted plants.
15/03/2013 at 12:46

I 've had a catalogue as well and was wondering if they were worth a go or not so thanks verdun and nutcutlet 

16/03/2013 at 21:16
Got my copy,of vernons today....the yellow geranium looks nice. Anyone know if it's a true yellow?
16/03/2013 at 22:48
I had problems with vernons last year when the Amethyst trailing geraniums I ordered turned out to be bright pink and striped! I complained and was sent another batch which also had 2 plants of the wrong colour. They are being replaced in the Spring for me. I also bought a collection of 4 Dianthus which were named varieties and a little bit on the expensive side and after a few days one of the plants died .when I phoned to tell them I was told the variety wasn't in stock any more and would I like to choose something else so I chose a Josephine clematis which when it flowered wasn't - it is also being replaced in the Spring. All complaints have been dealt with promptly with no quibbles and the plants supplied have been of good quality so I think on balance they are a good company to buy from
Pam LL x
04/04/2013 at 14:51

As an update, you are not dealing with Vernons but Thompson and Morgan who run their front end. I had problems with my Geranium order, sent out far too early as seedlings not plug plants and had a devil of a job contaacting anybody from Vernons!

Neither the Vernon literature or T&M make the actual situation clear which is very disarpointing! The service I received from T&M when I complained was dreadful!

Be warned.

04/04/2013 at 16:33
Right, didn't know that. Thompson n Morgan getting everywhere. Vernons used to boast a family run business.
04/04/2013 at 17:07

Brumbull, don't you know, our "Vernun"(the one with that lovely garden) owns it!

Now you know.When I discover where he lives, I'll take you there with me.

05/04/2013 at 09:02

Lucky you Brumbull, so you must have all that sunshine that he has! But it's OK, it's coming down our way........soon I hope!

05/04/2013 at 09:08
Is that right Brum? You mean there's a female equivalent,of,you? And that near to me?
Scaaaaaaaaaaaaary! Ha ha
MORNING BRUM
05/04/2013 at 10:06

Steady on Brumbull, don't give him grand ideas, calling him Sir: he'll be incorrigible (I know he has a beautiful garden)

05/04/2013 at 10:59
Jatnikapyar, "sir" is fine thank you.
I shall look up incor....inkorr....incorrij....that word. (ha ha)
email image
13 messages