9 messages
05/04/2013 at 21:46
I have a really bad knee pain from kneeling down to do my gardening. Anyone got any good remedies please as I don't want this to become an issue that could stop me gardening as I am hooked !!!
05/04/2013 at 21:50

If you're a gardener something always hurts at the end of the day. A kneeling mat does help the knees though

05/04/2013 at 21:54

Use Deep heat cream and spray that helps warm up area and makes less achy. Think I use that a lot.

Know what you mean sore arms today are cutting branches up, get a good kneeler to put under your knees make more comfortable.

05/04/2013 at 21:56
Hi Cler I use one of those blankets that furniture removals use their cheap and folded smallish are very good for kneeling good luck
Alan
06/04/2013 at 01:35
Thanks alan, hope you really enjoy your allotment and retirement. Good health too.
06/04/2013 at 01:45

I've got some of those burgon & ball knee pads, there is a company on ebay doing them for 7.99  plus 3.50 p&p.  I agree, if you've had a good day gardening, something normally aches.  I suffer from ME/CFS so have to be very careful what I do.  A good soak in a hot bath helps me, then bed with a hot water bottle.  Try some essential oils in the bath, a good one is sandalwood, it also helps sleep.  Another good one is tea tree, especially if you've got grazes or bruises, it's a natural antiseptic.  There's also lavender, I don't use that any more, as I used it to try & sleep when I had gastric flu - so it always makes me feel sick now

Try taking ibuprofen before going to bed, that's an anti-inflammatory as well as a painkiller, you won't sleep if you're in pain.  Might be worth a trip to the docs, too, if it persists, no point in putting up with pain if something can be done about it.

06/04/2013 at 05:28

I have a residual slipped disc so have regular lower back pain, but as I love my gardening so  much (despite not being able to dig etc, garderner does that monthly for me) I use a 'direct to skin' heat pad, you can buy them at Boots and they are so useful.

Isnt this time of year lovely when you can see all the buds coming out, my Cherry tree is just on the point of blossoming very soon. Its exciting.

All the best Cler

06/04/2013 at 11:52

If your knee is swollen try putting an ice pack on it for about 10 minutes. If you dont have an ice pack a packet of peas wrapped in a tea towel will do. Backs are a blooming (ha ha) nuisance.

07/04/2013 at 12:20

I take Fish Oil tablets (2 a day) ... it has cleared up the sore knees I always had.

You need to take it for a month before the effects are felt !  

Chris

email image
9 messages