Start a new thread
mrs shirley  alfonso

the dahlias i left in over winter which i allways do   evenafter losing a lot in that bad winter some are not flowering why ?

kate1123

It is the poor weather, the ones I left in are not flowering but the ones I lifted and started off indoors are in full bloom. I did not plant them out until they were large enough to cope with the slugs and this has also made a big difference.

sotongeoff
mrs shirley alfonso wrote (see)

the dahlias i left in over winter which i allways do   evenafter losing a lot in that bad winter some are not flowering why ?

Have faith- there is still a lot of the flowering season left-without a frost they will flower well into October or even later

Bookertoo

Both old and new dahlias are just beginning to flower, it has been a dark cold time until now, they will catch up and we will enjoy them maybe a bit later than usual - which may be a bonus? 

Totally agree with the above, the awful rain we have had has probably put everything back at least a month. Mine have just started flowering, I started them indoors. There is still time if the weather allows fingers crossed.

Advertisement

Leggi

I'm in the south east and one of mine is huge but only just starting to bud, I agree with everyone else the weather has set them back a fair way. From next week we're supposed to be getting a warm spell, fingers crossed it will bring them in to flower.