Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Delphinium cutting

Round about Easter time I took a delphinium cutting and it took well.I kept it with a plastic bag over for roughly a month and then potted it on.For about the last three weeks it has been on my garden table.When I potted it on I checked it was developing a root system and it was.I have another young delph in a pot but that one seems to have healthier foliage whereas the cutting's foliage is green enough but kind of leathery if that's the right word.Could it be that I put it outside too soon? Does it perhaps need more humidity and less direct sun? I'm a complete newbie to cuttings and of course cutting after care.Any advice anyone and thanks in advance.

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,276

As if to answer my question,I've just been outside and the compost has been pushed up near the base of the cutting and its a brand new shoot!! image I'm so happy lol

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

I'm happy for you image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,276

Aww thank you Dove