London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 11°C
8 messages
13/09/2012 at 18:12

Any ideas what can be wrong with my Fuschia Gennii. It has been perfectly happy all "summer"... lots of leaves and flowers....really beautiful.

Now it is shedding its leaves and flowers on one side only.

It is planted in a border facing S & E, doesn't get heat from sun after 2pm, is well watered and fed with Miracle grow twice since May. There is no sign of Vine weevil and all other plants in the border look OK.

The plant is in its second year

Any ideas??

13/09/2012 at 18:32
When you say there are no signs of vine weevil are you looking for tha adults or the grubs?
13/09/2012 at 18:57

The tough answer is to dig it up and inspect the roots.

13/09/2012 at 19:47

my fuschia's (two) in pots are beautiful plants,green, healthy and strong , but hardley and flowers on them this year.?? any clues as why.??.

13/09/2012 at 19:50
flower 7 wrote (see)

my fuschia's (two) in pots are beautiful plants,green, healthy and strong , but hardley and flowers on them this year.?? any clues as why.??.

Like a lot of things this year, the weather. It's just not been that warm or sunny for long enough spells.

13/09/2012 at 20:10
flower 7 wrote (see)

Have you fed them and if so with what?

13/09/2012 at 20:13
My hardy fuchsias are only just coming into flower - lots of healthy growth otherwise. I think it's generally been a naff gardening year.
13/09/2012 at 22:49

If they are potted and you 've potted them on to a bigger pot, the pot must only be the next size up. Putting them straight into a large pot will result in luxuriant green foliage and no or few .flowers

email image
8 messages