Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

How to beat Botrytis?

Some of my bare root Echinacea White Swan are showing signs of Botrytis (grey mould) on their leaves, I have sprayed already with a product that supposedly responds to black spot, grey mould and pest infestations but the instructions state that I can only spray a max of 4 times a year and what started as one leaf on one plant is now spreading to several other plants.image What do I do about this guys?

• Take off the foliage with the botrytis on carefully so you don't spread the spore, then give a few puffs of yellow sulphur ( you can find this at most garden centres ) go really easy with any watering as botrytis loves damp conditions then hopefully you should be ok.If its not logical to take the foliage off  just use the sulphur and hopefully this will still work.

if I'm storing any barefoot plants over winter, before I put them to store I always use sulphur. 

• Tropical SamTropical Sam Posts: 1,488

I take some dilute Hydrogen Perxoide and using cotton wool wipe it over the infected area and it kills the Botrytis but leaves the plant foliage alone.

• WintersongWintersong Posts: 2,436

Thanks guys...I will get right on itimage