Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Japanese Maple Acer

Hi,I got myself a Japanese Maple Acer almost 2 weeks ago to put in a big pot so I repotted it the day I got it,it's in a nice shaded area in the garden,problem is it's dying off is there anything I can do to save it,ps I have had these before in the past with no problems,Regards John..

• shazza3shazza3 Posts: 106

hello, if you happen to be in a part of the UK that is currently getting really warm weather at the moment, I'd be watering this every day or at least every other day.

I'd also check for creepy crawlies around the plant although they don't usually have many problems, if it doesn't get any better, maybe it was poorly before you bought it and has only just come to light. you could wait another week or so, then if it doesn't improve, take it back to the shop.

• flowering roseflowering rose Posts: 1,632

with any new plant you will need to water every day for a year,thats right,until it is settled and if in a pot it will need more watering than in the ground.image

• punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 15,039

Careful there flowering rose, too much water is just as big a problem as too little. Acers like to be moist, but not with their feet in water. Check to see if compost is moist, before watering.

How can you lie there and think of England
    When you don't even know who's in the team

S.Yorkshire/Derbyshire border
  • Hi John did you pot it in ericaceous compost?