London (change)
Today 24°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 22°C / 16°C
6 messages
03/05/2013 at 10:07

Thanks everyone for the advice re my dead or dying ceanothus. I do have another query though. Further up on same side of garden I have a minarette victoria plum tree. It is civered in healthy looking green leaves but no blossom has appeared. What should I do to encourage it to produce blossom for next season. This tree did not produce much fruit last year after I moved it. In its original position the branches were laden with fruit.

I do have two minarette Apple tree which are covered in blossom at the moment. I know someone out there will help me. Thanks in advance.

21/06/2014 at 21:14

give  it blood and bone

21/06/2014 at 21:24

Give it time to settle patannie, moving them is always a risk, so keep it well fed and watered another year and you should start to see results.

22/06/2014 at 08:00

It's getting it's roots established so may well miss a season or two while it does so - it needs a good root system in order to produce fruit.  

Fish Blood & Bone (according to directions on the pack) and ensure that it doesn't dry out (but don't keep it boggy), and a mulch around it with well rotted farmyard manure in the autumn (keep the trunk clear) and it'll do well 

22/06/2014 at 11:00

Thankyou all for sending these helpful messages. I did actually put the query last year 2013 in May. This year the plum tree had blossom and has fruit on it. I did give it a feed last year so this obviously helped. Thanks again.

22/06/2014 at 11:06

This year I have another problem with a small magnolia. I moved it last year in autumn to front garden and all was looking good with flower buds about to open in spring. We were away for a few days and on return the flowers

had either fallen off or dried up. I have left it to see if leaves appear but nothing and it now really looks dead. I have given it a feed of magnia nutrients a few weeks back. So I wait some advice please. many thanks. Pat

email image
6 messages