London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 12°C
6 messages
07/05/2012 at 16:30

I planted my pots with daffodils so I had a show of colour in the garden after winter now they have flowered and died I want my pots for my spring/summer planting. how do I remove the daffodli bulbs from my pots and store them so I can use again next year?

07/05/2012 at 16:53

They're best planted out in the garden to die off naturally, where they will flower next year. If you must store them, then either leave them in the pots or plant in a spare area of garden until the leaves have died down naturally or for a minimum of six weeks to allow time for the energy to go back into the bulb for next year. Then dig up, dry and store in an airy place until next autumn.

07/05/2012 at 17:49

I was wandering what to do with my daffs in pots too, thanks Alina.

07/05/2012 at 18:11

I have recently discovered some forgotten bulbs, (daffs, crocus, anemone), in my cupboard, the crocus are showing leaf, anemone not and the green on the daffs have dried. What do I do with them?

07/05/2012 at 18:16

I liked what Monty did with his bowls of bulbs.  He tipped them out of the bowl and planted the whole clump in the lawn as it was. 

Another idea for next year would be to plant them in a basket in the pot so you can take the whole basket out and plant it out in the garden to die back.

07/05/2012 at 18:45

Carmen, plant them now. Some of them will be dead, but they all will die unless you get them into the ground.

email image
6 messages