Start a new thread

1 to 5 of 5 replies

Thanks for all your help on my weed/plant question I posted yesterday.  One last thing which I need some help on.  The bush/plant below has been in the sorry lacklustre state for about 4 years.  It seems half dead, with no growth and no leaves on some branches.  It hasnt been re-potted for many years but I have added some general fertiliser.  Any advise on what it is and how to revive it?

Thanks.

It probably would prefer to grow a lot bigger in a much bigger place.

I'm a novice gardener but could that be a jasmine?

I'm sure someone much better qualified will be along soon with an ID and tips

It a camellia rigsby. You need to repot it in ericaceous compost into a larger pot. It's more than likely pot-bound. I'd prune out any dead wood at the same time. Water with rain water and give it a small feed. It'll need a feed for acid loving plants. I can't see any flower buds which if it's been there for years isn't unusual. Feed again in late summer and it may flower next year. Keep it moist but not wet and it should do better as the year progresses.

Hostafan1

Follow Dave Morgan's advice ASAP.

The only thing I'd add is to gently pull the roots from around the rootball to encourage them into the new compost. You'll probably find they're very tighly wound in that one.

Poor wee thing it is.