London (change)
Today 24°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 22°C / 16°C
2 messages
21/11/2012 at 11:17

Hi,

I have got the GW magazine for years.  This year, I saw that there was a digital subscription available.  While I don't have an IPad yet but Christmas is coming, I have started to look at IPad, Kindle, Sone Ereader, Google Nexus and similar products but I don't have a decision made yet.  I discovered that I can get the digital subscription only on IPad or if I pay Amazon, on Kindle.  Until I buy whatever product I decide upon, I would love to be able to read my GW magazine on my computer.  I don't want to be forced to buy an IPad i.e. specific manufacturer and I certainly don't want to pay Amazon.  I want my subscription to be in the GW pot, not in Amazon's.  Anyone else feel the same?

21/11/2012 at 11:31

GW will have done deals with those distributors that give a reasonable percentage to each party and it'll be cheaper for GW to send stuff electronically via these media than to print, bind, package and post a magazine so chances are they'll get better revenues per copy.

Of course, that will translate to more jobs lost in paper production, printing and postal companies.   Win some, lose some.

email image
2 messages