London (change)
Today 25°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 17°C
21 to 40 of 163 messages
    09/12/2011 at 10:52

Hello valerie1. That's a strange problem... Can you remember what page the link was on that you clicked? If you can post the address of the page and I'll look into it for you.

10/12/2011 at 03:00

I would like the authors of the blogposts to be listed with the title! I tend to go to certain ones in certain orders. These writers are real personalities to me, and you have a wonderful group of bloggers, and I hate that the blogs seem so anonymous on the home page!

10/12/2011 at 13:29

Hello dheckert - yes, good point. We're still experimenting with the homepage, so will look at adding author names to the blogs. (Good to hear that value the bloggers so much!)

10/12/2011 at 22:23

Hi, really busy at the moment but the site looks great, I can't wait to have a good look at it. Just a couple of questions though.  Is there a quick way to browse through the video projects? I'm a beginner and have looked at several of the video projects over the last few months. But if I'm not sure wether a particular topic is there it can take ages moving down all the pages to find the topic, which might not even be there.  The videos are great and I find them really helpful, but some of them don't give info on when to carry out the particular project. Some are obvious I know, but being a beginner I am guessing on some of them.  Thanks, looking forward to more time on the site.  

11/12/2011 at 10:56

Hello steve001. Regarding the videos, if you have a particular topic that you're interested in, then the quickest way to find it would be to use our new search facility, located at the top of every page. When the results are returned, click 'Articles', which will narrow the search down to projects, features and blogs. If we have a video on a particular subject then it will show in that list.

We're currently in the process of 'tagging' all of our existing site content, which will make the content even easier to find. For example, all tomato-related content will have the tag 'growing tomatoes', and clicking that link will return a list of all projects, videos, problem-solving pages, features and blogs on that topic. The tags should be live on the site early next year.

In the meantime, if you're still having problems finding any particular content, just let us know. (And if we don't have what you're looking for, we can add it to the wishlist.)

12/12/2011 at 08:16

Great,thanks for the advice. Come the xmas hols I'll be giving it plenty of time.

12/12/2011 at 15:54

I have only had time for a quick look around the new site but it looks good. I love the forum.

13/12/2011 at 09:57

My goodness you have all been working hard at Gardeners World  Thank goodness for the Xmas break coming up when I hope you all have a well-deserved rest.  I've watched with great interest as the snags were eliminated and used the site more and more, Looking forward to additions in the NewYear which I am sure is going to be a great one for you all.

13/12/2011 at 12:25

Thanks, roseyrow - I hope you'll become a 'regular' on the forum.

happymarion: that's very kind, thank you very much.
And, thank you, as ever, for your contributions to gardenersworld.com. Your comments are invariably thoughtful, postitive and constructive, and we always look forward to reading them. We're very excited about the new developments we have lined up in the coming year, and hope that you'll enjoy them.

13/12/2011 at 17:33

I found Adam's blog on the No-dig methodin Gardeners Musings butstrainedtoreadthescript for the first time.  Is there a way we oldies can enlarge it?  Yes, i was wearing my glasses.

13/12/2011 at 18:03

Hello happymarion. Yes, it's possible to magnify the text in your web browser. If you can tell me which web browser you use (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Safari) and whether you're on a mac or a PC, I'll post details of how to do it (there are different keyboard shortcuts for different browsers).

14/12/2011 at 09:47

Thank you, Daniel.  If we do that perhaps my typing will be more correct!  I use Google Chrome on my PC.

14/12/2011 at 10:42

Thanks, happymarion. Here, from the Chrome help page, is the way to increase the font size on web pages:

How to set the font size for all web pages

You can adjust the size of text on web pages.

1. Click the spanner icon on the browser toolbar.
  2. Select Options.
  3. Click Under the Bonnet.
  4. In the "Web Content" section, use the "Font size" menu to make adjustments.

Some websites prevent the browser from changing only text size. For those sites, Chrome won’t be able to adjust the font size.

(If you want to increase the size of everything on a web page, including images, the instructions are here.)

I hope this helps - let me know if you have any problems.

14/12/2011 at 11:41

Great help, Daniel.  I see everything so much clearer now - after I had translated "Bonnet" into "Hood" !  I could even change the script type as well as the size.

14/12/2011 at 17:41

Ah, pleased to hear it worked, happymarion.

15/12/2011 at 23:18

New to the site, but it looks great , easy to use, easy to find what I need and it looks good too. Congratulations.

16/12/2011 at 11:40

Thanks pansy2.

Do let us know there's anything else you'd like to see on the site...

19/12/2011 at 23:12

hi all, somewhere you asked us to report any problems......well, I don't know if this is "you" or a problem with my computer but when I am browsing around the site it will suddenly "plant" and today it would not start normally except to say that there was a problem with your site and I had to re "re start" the computer. It's working fine at the moment.  I am using a Dell laptop with Windows 7 and I use Firefox as a web browser.  Don't worry about it only if lots of people report the same problem.

27/12/2011 at 11:46

I put "tree onion" into the search engine and got everything that had "tree" and "onion" in the paragraph but not together.  Egyptian onion had no results but it may have shortly as I have mentioned it in "Talkkback"    Probably this cannot be fixed as I have the same trouble with Google.  Still IT is still developing at a great pace.

30/12/2011 at 08:41

Hi

For what to do around the garden why does it show weeks in May June and July.

David Brooks

21 to 40 of 163 messages