London (change)
Today 15°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 9°C
121 to 140 of 163 messages
    27/04/2012 at 17:58

Ah, I didn't mean switch browswer completely, Gold1locks. Just that it might be worth attempting to change the settings, to determine if the problem you're experiencing is specific to Chrome. (Apparently the new release of Firefox, 12, is more stable!) I've referred the matter again, so hopefully we'll sort the problem soon.

Daniel

27/04/2012 at 17:59

Gold1locks: Ha! A messages crossed in transit! Pleased that you managed to change the settings: Chrome, then, seems to be the problem. Will pass that on. Have a good weekend.

Daniel

27/04/2012 at 21:04

Hi, just wanted to say I like the site, I've been coming on for quite some time and get regular e-mails just haven't posted on the forum or threads. . I love the mag and first port of call are the free offers, none received have been disappointing. Also like 'What to do now' section but it's all a good read and wouldn't be complete without tales from Titchmarsh.    

I've migrated from the BBC site and the only thing missed will be the TV link- Iplayer. Gardener World and Beech Grove are two programmes I enjoy watching but are on at a bad time to watch in real time. Some what off topic but do you do  links...   

27/04/2012 at 22:25

Hi Zoomer 

The links are still available on the Beeb Gardening page if that's what you mean (although it says the messgeboard is still open, and according to the desktop calendar it's still December - which probably accounts for the current weather ).  Don't know about links on this site though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/

28/04/2012 at 10:38
WOW! This site has not just developed it has evolved into a higher being. My only complaint is, between my magazine arriving and this GW Site I haven't done a thing in the garden! Is there to be an app pretty pleeease?
    30/04/2012 at 12:11

Hello Zoomer44 - many thanks for your feedback. I'll pass your comments on to the magazine team. Regarding Gardeners' World on the iPlayer, that is still available, and you can still catch up on the latest series:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mw1h

Happy viewing!

Daniel
Editor, gardenersworld.com

30/04/2012 at 22:22

Thanks Daniel, will keep the link to watch future programmes.

01/05/2012 at 09:53

Reply to Marinelilium: "a higher being"! That's a nice description, thank you. Yes, we do have an iPad, called Grow Your Own, a practical guide to growing 60 edible crops. You can find out more here:

Grow Your Own iPad app from Gardeners' World

There's another imminent, too!

Daniel

01/05/2012 at 11:34

Oooh, I'd love to grow an ipad - do I need seeds or does it have to be cuttings ;- )

(Sorry, couldn't resist a silly moment)

01/05/2012 at 13:41
<laugh> do not add water FloBear! Daniel, will the new app have a journal, design grid or a plant label maker I can send to my printer? A jpeg album, seasonal organiser for my collection of plants, a bug identifier, a ....... Ok I'll wait and see (she said hopping from foot to foot )
04/05/2012 at 14:09

I have noticed that occasionally when I hover over a topic header, I get popping up ''I gave this a 4 out of 5 star rating'',  when in fact I have done nothing of the sort as far as I'm aware, as I wouldn't know how to give a topic a rating.  I wonder how this happens....?

15/05/2012 at 17:25

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I'm new to the site. Would it be possible to have a list of all the forum topics on each of the forum home pages? It's a bit irritating to have finished looking at, say, the fruit and veg forum but then have to go back up to the highest level and click again on 'forums' to go into, say, the garden design forum.

Or have i missed a link that allows me to go from forum to forum without going right back to the top?

27/05/2012 at 07:13

Daniel

The edit facility for posts is not working-the oops page comes up- that says it will redirect you to the homepage-it doesn't and the link does not work-other than that.............................

28/05/2012 at 11:49

Hello sotongeoff. Sorry about that - gremlins at work. Are you still experiencing the problem?

Daniel

28/05/2012 at 11:52

Reply to Salino: thanks for flagging this up. I've just attempted to replicate this problem on my computer, and haven't encountered it yet. It sounds like a temporary bug with our publishing system. If you find the problem is still occurring, do please let me know.

Daniel

28/05/2012 at 11:59

Reply to Calendula: at present, the quickest route is to click the 'Forum topics' link in the forum sub-menu. We do keep a 'wish list' of functionality, so I can certainly ask the developers if it would be possible to make the transition between the forum themes quicker.

Daniel

28/05/2012 at 12:00

Daniel

Yes still the same

29/05/2012 at 09:10

Daniel

Along with the edit facility still not working on my settings page it tells me how many posts I have made -displays the latest 10 and pages showing 1-10 and probably beyond but I cant access those pages so can't go back into say 3 days ago-so basically my posting history is unavailable to me.

29/05/2012 at 13:22

I brought this subject up before but I fail to see the point of the desription box on a new discusion when it does not appear on the actual thread-more examples here

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/problem-solving/plant-identification/3579.html

and here

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/problem-solving/help-how-can-you-get-rid-of-grass-in-the-border/3287.html

surely it would be bettter to keep the name of the thread ,drop the description box and go straight to an opening post-that would stop blank opening posts that often pop up.

29/05/2012 at 13:24
121 to 140 of 163 messages