London (change)
Today 21°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 22°C / 14°C
21 to 40 of 167 messages
24/09/2012 at 17:48

Please Chris ( if I may be so bold as to shorten your name  ) carry on posting as frequently as possible. I enjoy reading your posts and am pleased that there is a fellow gardener in Cornwall  I read several Forums / Message Boards and no one EVER lives in Cornwall - we pasties must stick together 

24/09/2012 at 18:08
Am experimenting with DIY iPad smileys. Here goes: :-/ ;-? :-~
24/09/2012 at 18:09
2 out of 5!
24/09/2012 at 18:38
Lowenna, first time I have ever been called a pasty! Thanks for your nice words. We garden in a different world down here don't we? Anyone else from Cornwall on the forum?
24/09/2012 at 20:43

Christopher....I hope this is a tongue in cheek naught coment.Who is going to make me grin with your quibs if you stop posting eh?

Please go and read my responses to your postings and don't hold back!!

24/09/2012 at 20:55
Hiya jatnikapyar.....gosh what a mouthful! I guess I have to keep posting then. Thanks
24/09/2012 at 21:33

Thank the Lord Christopher,...as my West Indian friend would say!

24/09/2012 at 22:21

Is this not like asking "Does my bum look big in this?" , you know the answer but you still had to ask the question 

24/09/2012 at 22:49
Sheerinjerr? Hey folks, I guess it's time to close this post now.
25/09/2012 at 00:11

I think you can safely say after tonights spamming, you have nothing at all to worry about!! LOL

25/09/2012 at 08:24

Come on Mods, get rid of the spammers! Keep posting Chris 

25/09/2012 at 09:03
Been deleting, by ignoring, these scammers. Fun n games, eh?
25/09/2012 at 09:06
Just glad the site's got the facility do do it!
25/09/2012 at 10:23

hellochristoper2 i just wanted to thankyou again for the advice that you gacev me it has given me a lot to think about, i am not sure that i can achieve what you did as i keep adding up the costs and it seems too much to make a profit but i woll have a rethink about how to go about it.is there a limit to how frequently you vcan post on here as i did not see that when i signed up.i ave enjoyed reading the info on this website and it has given me some new ideas for my garden.obviously i will have to ask the good lady wife before i make any such changes if i want my shirts ironed ans dinner on the table. i am thining about putting some grasses in my garden do you have any suggestions of one that will like the south west.

25/09/2012 at 10:32
Another sou'wester here! Keith, I grow quite a few grasses here in my walled garden on the southern edge of Dartmoor, and my favourite is stipa tennuissima. If you want to see what can be done with grasses in the SW, I don't think you can do better than visit The Wildside Nursery near Buckland Monachorum. Opening hours are a bit erratic, but the selection and the garden plantings are superb.
25/09/2012 at 10:55

Keep on posting we all make mistakes but dont take it to heart. and yes congrats to mummy muddy paws saw your bit in the mag. I cant always get on the computer everyday but do enjoy catching up on the days i can.

25/09/2012 at 11:28
Keith, like figrat I grow lots of grasses. Tender ones too. Why not just propagate plants using cheap as you can get materials. Compost when on offer. Put ad in shop window for old pots. People have them taking up space and will be glad for you to take them away. You may be surprised at your stock material...phloxes, rudbekias, dahlias, asters, astilbes, astrantias., hostas. most can be potted up now if kept relatively protected over winter. A hosta, for example, can be made into loads of plants now, potted and left to sprout in Spring. They will look great, ESP the variegated ones, and sell for min outlay. Don't give up.....think laterally. Patience but don't et it stress you.
25/09/2012 at 11:31
Oh...you can post as often as you like. It's a discussion forum. No rules I think...just be polite. Ask questions, advise, comment
25/09/2012 at 11:42
Keith. You want tall grasses? Whole range of.miscanthus., my fav are morning light, variegatus, flamingo and gold band. All easy. Also panicum....lovely airy light flowers. Stipa gigantea is wonderful...the golden oat grass,7' tall and "see through". Small ones? Stipa tennuisima, yes I agree with figrat, is fantastic and once you have it you have it,forever. I grow hackanochloa, blue,fescues, uncinia, pennisetums, elymus. Look em up. You can get them cheap online as small plants that grow Imto garden size flowering plants next year. BEWARE. GRASSES ARE ADDICTIVE. I LOVE THEM. let us know how you get on
25/09/2012 at 12:02
Keith meant to add. Sow hordeum jubatum. It is a beautiful grass with loads of colours and hues in its billowing flowers. It's. Cheap. Sow in spring. I sow most years. Make a bed of them or have a few of them meandering through your other plants. Did I say I love grasses......ha ha. Let us know how you get on
21 to 40 of 167 messages