London (change)
Today 22°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 21°C / 15°C
241 to 260 of 308 messages
23/04/2012 at 17:26

Interesting you mention that, sotongeoff, because I do use the 'first unread post' arrow but it's not always there - even on a thread I have been following.

Anyone know why, please?

23/04/2012 at 17:31
Joe_the_Gardener wrote (see)

Anyone else find the 20 posts per page a little bit clunky?

Joe

It is handy to look at prevous posts without having to remember or open another tab-a lot of forums are similar. 

FloBear wrote (see)

Interesting you mention that, sotongeoff, because I do use the 'first unread post' arrow but it's not always there - even on a thread I have been following.

Anyone know why, please?

Flobear

I don't know-but would hate you to think I was ignoring you

23/04/2012 at 17:35

Reply to FloBear: there seems to be a glitch with the 'first unread post' link appearing intermittently, which I've asked our technical team to look into. Thanks for alerting us to it.

Daniel
Editor, gardenersworld.com

23/04/2012 at 17:46

On the Beeb boards you used to be able to click on a member's name and get a list of all the messages he/she has contributed to. has anyone found a way of doing this on the GW site?

23/04/2012 at 18:00

I made a move. Great to see friendly, helpful names. Maggie

23/04/2012 at 18:07

Hi Maggie! 

Note for all. Someone needs to put a 'last post' (how apposite - I can hear the bugle now!) on the 'Changes to the BBC Boards' thread on the Beeb site on Thursday (it shuts at 11 am), linking them through to this thread. The Beeb board will still be viewable after that time, and it may help latecomers to find their way here. I'll try to remember, if I am on line. 

23/04/2012 at 18:19

Hello all. Just joined and exploring the site, I may get lost a few times!

23/04/2012 at 18:33
Gold1locks wrote (see)

Hi Maggie! 

Note for all. Someone needs to put a 'last post' (how apposite - I can hear the bugle now!) on the 'Changes to the BBC Boards' thread on the Beeb site on Thursday (it shuts at 11 am), linking them through to this thread. The Beeb board will still be viewable after that time, and it may help latecomers to find their way here. I'll try to remember, if I am on line. 

Leave it with me will cover all bases as well

23/04/2012 at 19:29

Hi everyone, this place looks very friendly compared to the dying BBC one! 

23/04/2012 at 20:24
sotongeoff wrote (see)
Gold1locks wrote (see)

Hi Maggie! 

I've just noticed that Daniel Haynes has put a link there from gardenersworld.com.

23/04/2012 at 20:26
Hollie- Hock wrote (see)
sotongeoff wrote (see)
Gold1locks wrote (see)

Hi Maggie! 

I've just noticed that Daniel Haynes has put a link there from gardenersworld.com.

so good he did it twice

23/04/2012 at 20:39

Hi,

Yet another refuge from the BBC boards.  I've had to change my name though.  My BBC one was already taken on here.

23/04/2012 at 20:44

Gound Elder

who were you in the former life?-give us a clue

23/04/2012 at 20:48

Hi, all just landed having been in and out of different potting sheds on other web sites, at last found the link, know the forces is with me     Good Luck And Happy Gardening.

Tazmanalun.

23/04/2012 at 21:00

Ah well, I don't have any problem with a double posting

23/04/2012 at 21:14

Hi Everyone

Another refugee from the BBC boards.  Was shocked to discover they had disappeared when I looked just now!!

I wanted to thank everyone there for the wonderful advice I have had over the past years.  I do hope most of you are now here to read it! 

23/04/2012 at 21:18

Greetings from Canada, everyone! Lots of familiar faces--and am delighted to see that Frank is here!

23/04/2012 at 21:21

Hello all, good to see you here!

23/04/2012 at 23:15

Great to see so many people from the beeb board and to have an editor/host  who responds -  answers questions, posts and listens!

23/04/2012 at 23:18

Yes, that is very refreshing.

241 to 260 of 308 messages