London (change)
Today 18°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 19°C / 13°C
15 messages
05/03/2013 at 19:36

Anybody ever won any of the competitions which gardeners world advertise on they website.

I enter all the competitions every month and never win anything.

05/03/2013 at 19:58

Yes, I won one of the competitions not long ago - keep trying 

05/03/2013 at 21:54

No, never won anything  , but live in hope  

Oooh...won about £10 on the Euro Millions last year whilst on holiday but had to split it 5 ways

06/03/2013 at 20:29

not a thing.

07/03/2013 at 19:35

am i missing something as i have not seen any info about the christmas Advent Calendar competition winners anywhere?

07/03/2013 at 19:38

I was one of them - I won one of Alan Titchmarsh's books 

07/03/2013 at 19:45

Not won anything from Gardeners World, but today won a huge goody bag (holdall more like)of 'products of the year' from Woman's Own, 6 months ago won £100 M&S vouchers with Woman magazine.  Have won other bits & pieces, but these are my 2 big wins.  I tend to spend about an hour every day doing internet comps.  To win anything you do need to be persistent, been doing it for just under a year, and I'm generally not that lucky.  I know of other compers that get wins on a regular basis - every month if not every week.

07/03/2013 at 19:50
I haven't won anything yet but there is always a first time.
07/03/2013 at 19:51

I never usually enter competitions (don't have the time ) - the Advent Calendar ones on here were the first ones I've tried, so I feel very lucky to have won a prize 

08/03/2013 at 05:47

I don't enter contest so I never worry about winning

08/03/2013 at 05:56

Well, that's fortuitous isn't it ? 

08/03/2013 at 07:56

so where is the list of Advent Calendar winners??

08/03/2013 at 08:11

Hi all , I have won a few things like €120 in euro millions and 50 in the state lotto and I have won cds from my favourite radio station Lyric FM and also an overnight stay in Dublin and two tickets to the Opera , I would like to enter competitions in the gardening magazines but entrants must be from the UK mainland only (why is that) every magazine and newspaper are available here .

Derek

08/03/2013 at 10:48
Mummy Muddy Paws wrote (see)

Not won anything from Gardeners World, but today won a huge goody bag (holdall more like)of 'products of the year' from Woman's Own, 6 months ago won £100 M&S vouchers with Woman magazine.  Have won other bits & pieces, but these are my 2 big wins.  I tend to spend about an hour every day doing internet comps.  To win anything you do need to be persistent, been doing it for just under a year, and I'm generally not that lucky.  I know of other compers that get wins on a regular basis - every month if not every week.

Mummy Muddy Paws wrote (see)

Well done, MMP! I used to enter online comps but found that I was getting a lot of sales calls and advertising emails as a result. Do you find this?

08/03/2013 at 10:54

It's probably to do with shipping costs.  Do you have any friends or relatives in the UK that wouldn't mind you putting their address?  That way you can enter and if you win anything they can hang on to it for you until you can collect it?  If it's something small like a book, then they could see how much it would cost to post it to you.  If it was something big like a greenhouse, I guess you'd have to fork out petrol money to fetch it.

I'm very lucky in that I'm a member of a 4x4 owners club, and we have 'Mud-Club Express', so if one of us wins something on ebay that needs collecting sharpish, we pay using paypal, a member nearby will collect it, and pass it on to someone who lives nearer, who will pass it on to someone who lives nearer still, until it's near enough to fetch.  It relies a lot on trust, but I've bought several things like this, and likewise have been part of the collect/pass it on chain.  It's not perfect, it can be slow, but I've never been ripped off, and always got my stuff (eventually).

I think some people are luckier than others, I'm not particularly lucky, but if you don't enter something, you have no chance at all of winning.  If something's a free entry, I'll normally enter if I have the time.  I ALWAYS enter the garden competitions (kitchen garden also has some great stuff they give away most months), as it's normally the only way I can get hold of stuff (unless I save amazon vouchers I get for doing surveys), or use clubcard points to exchange for stuff I need.

My favourite price is 'free'

email image
15 messages