London (change)
Today 27°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 26°C / 17°C
19 messages
05/04/2013 at 17:13
Still got bit of lurgy but spring today and even better tomorrow...so EXCITED. only shouting cos I am. I'll be asking for advice about my tomatoes soon. Going to grow best ever during this hot summer to come
05/04/2013 at 17:15

How exciting

05/04/2013 at 17:15
Hello dad.
05/04/2013 at 17:16

Hello mum

05/04/2013 at 17:31

What about me, I like a drop of the good stuff

05/04/2013 at 17:33

05/04/2013 at 17:37

I guess it's Friday again

05/04/2013 at 17:47
Hiya brum
Don't do a lot in annuals ...perennials more important now but cosmos, heliotrope, sweet peas.
Got lettuce, peas and shallots under way and will get in carrots, spring onions, Beetroot etc ASAP
For first time I'm trying onion plants.....buying them in as growing plants and expecting them any day.
I usually sow seeds at Xmas but no time this year.
From previous posts I think others are trying plants too so it would be good to compare
Well, maybe not really excited about tomatoes.....but am looking forward to it. Ha ha
05/04/2013 at 19:12

Maybe get your toms for xmas Brumbull.

05/04/2013 at 19:25

TT 

05/04/2013 at 19:26

Me too, Verdun!  Just checked the tom seeds sown on Good Friday and most varieties have now germinated, so it's off of the windowsill and into the conservatory with them tomorrow, before they get leggy (it's far too warm on that windowsill.)

If the forecasts are right, looks like the plan is bang on track (for once!)

05/04/2013 at 19:40

Verdun, that's enough sweeties for now.  If you don't stop eating all that sugar, you'll never get to sleep.  I'm NOT reading you bedtime stories till you go to sleep.  I have plans to settle down with a grown up ginger beer and watch Midsomer Body Count on the recorder.

05/04/2013 at 19:43

05/04/2013 at 20:08
Verdun wrote (see)
Still got bit of lurgy but spring today and even better tomorrow...so EXCITED. only shouting cos I am. I'll be asking for advice about my tomatoes soon. Going to grow best ever during this hot summer to come

Glad you're feeling better Verdun. Re tomatoes, have a look at this:

http://www.tomatogrowing.co.uk/html/tomato_growing_tips.html

Have a great weekend!

05/04/2013 at 23:25
Thanks Swiss sue. That's exactly what I need. To me tomatoes are the epitome of summer.....the better the summer the more toms I get
Have a good weekend too
05/04/2013 at 23:36

Has anyone heard the cuckoo yet? I know it's a horrid bird that chucks eggs out of their nests but it always seems that spring is here when you here the cuckoo. I heard it over a week ago and was so excited but then it rained and I forgot to tell anyone.

06/04/2013 at 06:57

Oooh, I've not heard a cuckoo since April 11th 2010, the day my Pa broke his hip   OH and I were out for our then regular Sunday walks - we used to do at least 5 miles and a pub lunch or a picnic - then Pa fell and never really got better and our weekend walks became a thing of the past.  

Now both parents are safe in a lovely care home hopefully we can get some walking in again this summer (in between the gardening), and hopefully we'll hear a cuckoo this summer.

06/04/2013 at 09:19

No cuckoos here yet

But the owls are twit -twooing (only seems to happen in spring) and the woodpeckers are drumming on the trees (ditto) so something is obviously up ....

06/04/2013 at 09:39
Mummy Muddy Paws wrote (see)

Verdun, that's enough sweeties for now.  If you don't stop eating all that sugar, you'll never get to sleep.  I'm NOT reading you bedtime stories till you go to sleep.  I have plans to settle down with a grown up ginger beer and watch Midsomer Body Count on the recorder.

I think it's John Nettles that commits all these murders in Midsomer- remember when he lived in Jersey??

I've grown toms from seed for first time this year and they've got their first pair of proper leaves so I'm quite excited! Will get some little plants later though from GC. Not got enough room indoors here. Oh how I miss the conservatory at last house- I could almost fit this whole  house into it!

email image
19 messages