Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Forum names

VerdunVerdun Posts: 23,348

Some of the names of forum member make me smile.  

What made you choose your name?  I know dovefromabove is a real name as is Fidgetbones.........???

What name could I have chosen for myself if I had the forethought to do it?  Clearly I lack the imagination of many of you......lol

What alternative name would you have chosen now?

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Verdun looks like Jonathan Creek- he has a duffle coat...

break - Dove is female. image

I'm a girl- hence my name...I calls it as I sees it.image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

I should have called myself MuckMagnet, just can't keep clean. I only go for a look in the garden and come back in scruffy.

• Val40Val40 Posts: 1,377

I think my brain stopped working! Don't know what came over me. Best not to change it because goodness knows what it could be next. DollyP perhapsimage

What made you pick yours Verdun? 

• Oakley WitchOakley Witch Posts: 789

Im a witch and live in Oakley image

• PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

Probably some of the names are as mine is, the best of three falls with the Forum, they would not accept my then given name and fourteen tries later in sheer desperation I keyed in Palaisglide and next second I was in?
    Having been called many things in my carreer I would most likely have chosen B@#@#@ Lugs.

Frank.

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

Mine is just a continuation of my youtube handle.  I called it that as a continuation of an article I wrote for  Diver  magazine called  Fidget Bones Diary.

originally my ex brother in law called me fidget because I can't sit still.

I suppose these days I'd be called hyperactive and dosed up on Ritalin.

If you'd like to see what I get up to in the Winter when its too cold to garden, look up  "whale shark feeding" by "fidgetbones" on youtube.  Also "Kat the dugong"

I'm the one behind the camera.   The hairy one at the end is my  Toyboy.  (Got to have someone to carry the tanks)

• punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 15,039

My forum name was originally my real name but, on seeing all the great names on the site i felt i needed to change. Doc becuse I am / was one and punk because at 55 it is still my favourite musical genre.

I also feel maybe wrongly that Christo Lloyd the gardener I most admire was a bit of a punk in his amazing colour schemes.

How can you lie there and think of England
    When you don't even know who's in the team

S.Yorkshire/Derbyshire border
  • Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,817

Haven't you donoffe this before?

Then you guessed the persona behind the name. Weren't far off with my previous name either.

• BookertooBookertoo Posts: 1,306

I've used booker on other places, as my surname means books, so I may as well be booker here as well - thus booker too.  The picture is my hand with some seeds a friend gave me, from Tasmannia - grown leaves but no flowers - yet.  Quite happy with this so can't for now think of an alternative I might have used.