London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 13°C
19/09/2013 at 21:30

Face your fears, and live your life.

19/09/2013 at 22:05

Evening Forkers, been out in the garden till late sorting it out, hoeing, forking, arranging and planting all the plants.  Lucky for the street light as it was only an hour ago that I finished, 

Found out that I have not yet got enough plants.  Another trip to the GC needed.  Bit windy and wet but had to be done.

Pics will come later.

19/09/2013 at 22:13

Well done Gardengirl, that is dedication. Can't wait to see x How are the paint samples for the station coming along?

19/09/2013 at 22:16

Glad there are no street lights in my village... I am not that dedicated.

19/09/2013 at 22:29

i just donated 5 slugs to my neighbours cause!!!! Torch ..... Must grow carrots to see in the dark

19/09/2013 at 22:34

I like to donate snails! They always seem to make it back though  Guess there is nothing to eat in their gardens - which is fact a they just have grass, not flowers/plants! one side has a very brown set of conifers due to over pruning. I have the green side as I haven't cut it too much! 

19/09/2013 at 22:40

Enjoyed beechgrove tonight.  As always friendly, pleasant and encouraging.

19/09/2013 at 22:40

Until 2 years ago mine had the national collection of gone mad brambles... Now he has the bare earth and my shed is bigger than yours!!!! Oh and my slugs.....

19/09/2013 at 22:45

It has been proven scientifically that the little b******* have a well developed homing instinct. Despatch them, don't lob them.

19/09/2013 at 22:50

I just can't bring myself to do the salty death dance ......do they really have a homing instinct? I take it their home is not static( no I don't mean a caravan!!!) I mean so they return to the same place nightly???? Or daily??? Are they nocturnal omg need to do slug research now....

19/09/2013 at 22:54

http://www.slugoff.co.uk/slug-facts/facts...... Wow who knew!!!! 20,000 in our garden at any one time omg I'm gonna be there all day and night now !!:::: boots and torch at the ready::::

19/09/2013 at 23:03

I think that altho' there are many ways of controlling slugs and snails, many of them are only marginally effective. Only pellets, used regularly, work for me. Not everyone's choice but used sensibly (definitely in pots and on young plants, but never on vegetables) they will give a measure of control. 

19/09/2013 at 23:14

I cut up some large plant pots and put copper tape on them to make home made copper rings for the daliahs I planted in my border. Somehow the little brighters made it over them and have chomped their way through one of the plants  I think the must be pole vaulting their way over as the rings are quite high and there are no other plants touching the daliahs for them to 'fall off'. Slugs and snails are tricksy blighters 

19/09/2013 at 23:26

Paint samples still in pots.  Bit wet to try to paint it at the moment.  Need to have at least 2 days of dry weather so that the wood can be painted.

I do love gardening and just had to get it done. 

19/09/2013 at 23:42

Slugs n snails are still in the compost folks.  They get through drainage holes too.  Eggs are hatched too

20/09/2013 at 00:36

Night, night, all.

20/09/2013 at 18:49

Good evening folks   I've had a lovely day in the garden, replanting tubs, potting up bulbs, general tidying and sending snails on their hols - hope they're not airsick 

Remember NDN and the poorly cat - she's still at the vet's - had to go to a Special Vets but is now back at the local one - hopefully home tomorrow - vet did tests and thinks it was anti-freeze poisoning!  Not really the time of year for anyone to be using that is it? Vet thinks it might be deliberate -

I'm not keen on neighbours' cats using my garden and killing the birds, but I wouldn't harm one.  Poor thing may well have kidney damage and the neighbours have a vet's bill standing at £1,400 at the moment.  Not insured.  And their car needs a new engine. 

20/09/2013 at 18:56

Efforts in garden today merit quick trip to pub. 5 hours of scarifying. However it is an evens bet as to whether I can get out of my seat!!

20/09/2013 at 19:01

Oooooooo that's gotta sting ..... Evening all well had a family fun day today swimming, lunch out a snooze and lo helped me start the plums off for my mincemeat... Missed a fab day to be in the gArden but hey ..... Omg omg forgot my rescue plant .... I was walking up to the shops and a neighbour of mine was pulling a plant up I stopped to talk to her "nice day for it" yeah I have been vying to change my colour scheme for a while now and I really do t like this plant she says ... I'm looking at it my heart racing "I hate to see a good plant thrown away so I will give it a home if you like" gladly she says and hands me the plant..... its only a WILD SWAN!!!!!! Teeehgeeeeee I got one I got one got one got one MMMMMWWWAAAHHHAA

20/09/2013 at 19:06
Woodgreen wonderboy wrote (see)

Efforts in garden today merit quick trip to pub. 5 hours of scarifying. However it is an evens bet as to whether I can get out of my seat!!

you need to keep alcohol in stock for these occasions WW. You've earned it but you shouldn't have to move further than the kitchen

stacey, that's magic