Start a new thread

1 to 11 of 11 replies

Wintersong

I got one of those in a pot I moved but it was a sickly shade of green and yes it was hu-normous. So big and fat that I had to call my OH to look for himself. Probably the size of a sausage and it didnt shrink much when I disturbed it either.

Clarington

Wow! What a monster! Don't tell OL for goidness sake she's only just mastering dispatching the little ones bless her!

KEF

Lot of gunk comes out of the big ones when you despatch them

Clari

Fairygirl

I dispatched loads yesterday as I was uncovering an area for planting. That new spade is a great weapon...

Aaaagh!  Not a thread to read over brekkie. 

Advertisement

Dovefromabove

We get huge ones like that 'pairing up' in the lawn - I leave them alone as they eat the little ones that do the real damage - don't think I'd be able to leave one on an alpine bed tho 

KEF

Fairy I prefer my hand fork, I sneak in close and get them

Is it porridge this morning Verdun ?

One is bad enough Dove, pairing up, I don't allow that behaviour in this garden  

Lyn

Dont the big ones do any damage, I have a pet snail, in a tank, it is about 6inches long and has a footplate the size of my hand, you want to see him eat his way through a lettuce!

nutcutlet

Charlie

I don't mind them in the garden and will happily squash them but that's too much.

Orchid Lady

I don't think I've ever said this of one of Mike's posts.....but wish I hadn't read it just before bed time......night all, sweet dreams