Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Idea's Please

Dave MorganDave Morgan Posts: 3,123

I've been asked by one of my clients to plant up this container. She has no hard and fast idea's and neither do I. Drainage is good as is the amount of sun. So I'm looking for something which doesn't need much attention. Anything considered.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

Fill it with sempervivums - like this

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

That's exactly what I was going to say Dove.

They'd love the sun, the good drainage and would need virtually no care.

Devon.
  • punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 15,039

There is a lovely dark leaved trailing Sedum, forgotten its name that would also look fantastic, and also love those conditions.

How can you lie there and think of England
    When you don't even know who's in the team

S.Yorkshire/Derbyshire border
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

Please put the planter square on the stand. I am known for my exuberant untidyness, but that's bringing out the OCD.

• GardenmaidenGardenmaiden Posts: 1,126

Snap Dove and Hosta, was thinking that myself. These are mine so far.

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,064

House leeks for me too and yes, square up the pot.

I love that fish GM.

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato
  • GardenmaidenGardenmaiden Posts: 1,126

My mother in law bought it for me years ago. It has a crack in it but is perfect for this kind of plant. Its sitting on a corner of a large fish pond.

• Dove......that's very attractive planting in your photo.Must keep it in mind for future. Thanks

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 8,719

I bought a fish exactly like that a few weeks back, nursery closing down sale.  Have got it sitting in my Japanese garden, never thought of planting it though. Any little rockery plants with some grit would look nice in that stone urn, DEFFINITELY, square it up!   jo47, is dragons blood good for feeding the plants then!!!

• Dave MorganDave Morgan Posts: 3,123

Thanks peeps interesting idea!