Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Monty's cat

We caught a glimpse of Monty Don's black cat on Friday's GW. Does anyone know his/her name? I think us cat lovers should campaign to see more of the mog on the programme. We all love Nigel but cats  enjoy gardens too!

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Posts: 8,328

Trouble is, I doubt the cat would appear to order... they do tend to have minds of their own!  I always enjoy seeing Carol Klein's cats in her garden.

Since 2019 I've lived in east Clare, in the west of Ireland.
  • Cats in the garden??? Don't get me started!!  image

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,554

I  so knew you would post David image

Go put some music on, what's up pussycat?!!!!! imageimageimage

Tried looking up name for you Winnie with no success, sorry x

• WinniecatWinniecat Posts: 100

Thanks everyone. My cat follows me around the garden like a dog!

• ElusiveElusive Posts: 992

My 19 year old cat always follows me outside when im pottering, she wont come into the greenhouse though :P

• .......then nips next door to deliver its revolting little calling card.

• ElusiveElusive Posts: 992

Nope she goes to toilet inside in her litter tray image

• Hi David, you seem to be on the same wave length as me!! Why can't cats be kept on a lead and make sure they do their jobs in their own gardens? 

WHOOPS!  Have I said something wrong??

• "WHOOPS!  Have I said something wrong??"

Norfolkdumpling, this is and has always been a contentious issue and TBH does nothing for the harmony of the forum to pursue the subject. However, I will just say that I've always found cat owners/keepers to be the nicest people around....something do with their compassion for animals, I suspect.

• David, I can only agree with you re the cat owners being some of the nicest people.

Believe it or not, I don't dislike cats, and I would never harm one.  In fact there isn't an animal I don't like.  But I am more a dog person (soon to get another one from Dogs Trust).

So to anyone I may have upset with my tongue in cheek remarks earlier, I am really sorry, and thanks for putting me in my place!