London (change)
Today 22°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 15°C
07/06/2013 at 07:52

Morning all -lovely here as Mr Travolta/Andy says 

Gilly re the blue tits- how lovely- hope you see them a lot round the garden - know  what you mean about the supermarkets- the young boys and girls are the best queues- they just get on with it! 

Dove- thermometers- don't buy the terracotta ones from B&Q whatever you do - heap of s****...

Hope to get on with my front border  today and might get it finished. Need to get wood though for fence an to make the gate.

Have a lovely day all!

07/06/2013 at 08:03

Good morning all, after sleeping twelve hours catch up, I'm having a relaxing day in the garden today, and a little bit of allotment later.

07/06/2013 at 08:03

Have decided to try to paint the shed today,

may end up looking like the "jolly green giant" by tonight

KEF
07/06/2013 at 08:12

Good Morning all, glorious here. Just done my exercise for the day. I was looking out of the bedroom window and saw a rabbit near my veg, Olympic dash followed. I hope it was just having a quick visit and that it doesn't come back with it's friends.

Don't know what I'm doing today, still getting my breathe back.

07/06/2013 at 08:17

Hope it was only 100m sprint to your veg  KEF and not 400m or worse still steeplechase

KEF
07/06/2013 at 08:22

Gilly, it didn't do me much good, I hadn't had my mug of tea,so was half awake, fumbling for keys, getting door blinds up, getting shoes on, thankfully I remembered to put dressing gown on.

Busy L hope tomorrow goes very well and the weather is kind to you.

07/06/2013 at 09:46

KEF- you might even have beaten Mr Bolt- he's having an off day 

Don't think he wears a dreesing gown though 

Gilly- when you finish painting can we get a pic?...

07/06/2013 at 10:11

Morning all.  Just to let you know I survived the night.

No time to read posts as I have to get off for my pedicure.  I will be back.

Have a good day.

07/06/2013 at 11:02

Thought you might like this.

This is an awesome video!!

http://vimeo.com/58385453   (sound on!)

Full moon over Wellington, NZ... 

Here is something a bit random, but none-the-less astounding. A work mate of mine who is also a photographer captured what is, to me, one of the most remarkable things I have ever seen filmed.  

It is a 3 minute video clip of the full moon rising over Wellington.  It was shot 2 nights ago, on a calm summer evening, as people gathered on the Mt. Victoria Lookout point to watch the moon rise.

This stunning video is one single real-time shot, with no manipulation whatsoever.  The camera was placed on  a hillside over 2 kilometres from the Lookout point, and was shot with the equivalent of a 1300mm lens. 

The amount of planning, trial and error, and luck that went into this are mind blowing.  He has been trying to capture this for over a year with many failed attempts.  But 2 nights ago it seems everything was on his side, and it all came together in a way even he couldn't have hoped.

I honestly can't say enough good things about this video - from the magnitude of the visuals, to the intimate stories playing out with the people, to the sheer humbling nature of seeing the awe-inspiring reality of this giant rock in the sky that we so often don't stop to appreciate.

One thing I encourage you to do is watch this on the biggest screen you have - don't waste it on an iphone screen.

07/06/2013 at 11:27

it is ROASTING out there.  planted out some lettuces and weeded my veg rows but now im grabbing an early lunch....phew1

07/06/2013 at 15:23

I'm back. Feet looking beautiful. Shame about the rest.

Weather horrible.  Overcast when I went out and started raining as we came out of B&Q. How I hate that store. The only good thing about it is that there are always nice old codgers who you can ask where things are because I can never find anything and hunky young men to carry your roof felting to the car. Never went to GC as we were both cold. Had dressed for summer.

Kef, gardening always so much better done in your nightclothes.

07/06/2013 at 15:58

Hello everyone

Back from hols. After nearly 2 weeks without gardening my hads had lost that gargeners grime  Have begun to add to it now.

Have weeded the front and put in some more plants, just afew low growing red ones I am going to acquire from next door neighbour and that will be it. If I can find the correct thread I will post picture with plant explanation.

Also my eremurus has a flower stem YAY. never grown one before , or for that matter seen a whole plant just displays of them at shows

Feel shattered now, have done all I was planning on today as I have also had an hour swimming.

Anyone caravan/camp/trailer tent I can give you the name of a lovely peaceful/child free site in Somerset. Love it every time we go 

07/06/2013 at 16:29

we have had thunderstorms and torrential rain since 3am this morning. roads were like rivers. ave never seen rain like it even had trees down today too.

i think it was a taste of what europe has been getting.. not good.

07/06/2013 at 16:30

Fairygirl..........quick get the wand,had just started painting the shed and it started to rainnot just a quick shower but a downpour.Have.nt got a camera at the moment but as I had only painted half,am not as green as I might have been.Have just realised out to lunch with former work colleagues tomorrow,I will tell them that green highlights are all the rage now

Do you think they will believe the same about green nails?

Sun,s out again now,but it is very humid,obviously good weather travelling up from Cornwall.

07/06/2013 at 17:08

Matty. just noiced you have been on holiday in my area,where  is this camp site?might be handy to recommend .Hope you had a good time.Have also noticed you are in my husbands county or "God,s County" as he likes to call it.

This is only a problem when Somerset versus Worcester at cricket 

07/06/2013 at 17:46

Glastonbury - 

Peaceful - yes - unless adults playing an intellectual game of Pass the Pigs and having a drink or 2 get asked by the warden to be quiet  

07/06/2013 at 20:20

Matty - I LOVE pass the pigs

07/06/2013 at 20:30

KEF
07/06/2013 at 20:32

What's pass the pigs?

Tina I also garden very well in lingerie  stops the neighbours looking at my feet.

Gardeningfantic, hope weather better tomorrow, that is so not on.

Welcome back Matty2

If I've missed anyone..have a good evening.

07/06/2013 at 21:08

Pass the Pigs

Product Description Manufacturer's Description The original party animals. Try your luck using pigs for dice. Will you roll a sider or start makin' bacon? This game, in its elegant silver-coloured case, remains an- all time classic game to be played anywhere, by anyone. Using the two little pigs as dice, your objective is to score 100 points before your friends do. How those little porkers land determines the points you score. Roll a Double Snouter and score 40 points. Roll a trotter get another 5 points and you’re well on the way to 100. But, do you bank those points or risk rolling again? Roll a Pig Out and you lose all your points for that turn. A roll of a makin’ bacon and you lose all your accumulated points. You’ll need hog-sized helpings of luck and nerve if you’re going to get your snout in the trough... These pigs are truly addictive--a classic game for generations. 

8 Years +