London (change)
Today 17°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 9°C
20/06/2013 at 08:07

KEF- the problem is - will they do anything? I know what you mean about spammers doing it for the hell of it but I'd hate it if it puts new people off using the forum when they need some help.

Perhaps Sue's email will have some effect. Perhaps we should all email - how did you do it Sue? 

Were you needing a bit of rain KEF? Ground's getting dry here too. Unusual for this part of the world so I shouldn't complain!

KEF
20/06/2013 at 08:15

Fairy, we do need some rain, I hadn't realised quite how dry the garden was until I pulled up some radishes and I was able to shake the soil off. I've been watering crops, or thought I had, and watering new & transplanted things.

What we need is the wand on the go, gentle rain each evening from midnight to 4am, was going to say 5am but Andy would get wet.

If nothing happens about spammers we'll have to have a rota, but I don't want 4am shift

20/06/2013 at 08:16

Raining again,looks like it means business this time,hope it gets down to the roots as our ground has also been getting hard and dry.

Will join you in a protest to administrators if we think it will help Fairygirl.I wonder if they can totally block a website from the forum.

KEF
20/06/2013 at 08:18
GillyL wrote (see)

Raining again,looks like it means business this time,hope it gets down to the roots as our ground has also been getting hard and dry.

Will join you in a protest to administrators if we think it will help Fairygirl.I wonder if they can totally block a website from the forum.

I'll make one.

20/06/2013 at 08:19

Sorry to go on about spammers,but why are so many people viewing them? that is what they want.......Free publicity.

20/06/2013 at 08:20

I'm off to work - starting to think I'm in an old Monty Python sketch today!!!

you know the one I mean....

Spam spam spam spam......

Have a good day all 

KEF
20/06/2013 at 08:24

Home work's ok Fairy.

Gilly that's what I wondered, maybe spammer looking at own posts.

20/06/2013 at 08:32

What a sad life they may lead KEF,probably as sad as their kitchens

20/06/2013 at 08:37

Morning all.  Warm and dry right now but rain due soon.  I know what you mean KEF when you say you will be out in the garden wet or not.  If I have a plant to move, place, etc I have to,do it regardless of the weather.

Havent really checked the spam situation so far...so it may be bad.....but it don't really bother me too much.  Agree though that the moderator should be able to stop it. 

Made a bit of a bloomer in garden...got geranium Orion flowering.....looks superb....but forgot I also have verbena Rigida next to it that has decided to bloom too now.  Colours so similar that they do nothing as companions. Knew this in the winter and meant to move Verbena.  It's a question of exchanging it for an orange echinacea or orange helenium or even a deschampsia grass.  Trouble is they are in their right places. Ha, ha, if that's all my problems will be today I'll be a happy guy!  So many problems for people and I'm "worried" about such a trivial matter!

Never grown gaillardias .....people like them?   Anyone recommend varieties?

Rain or shine have good day folks

20/06/2013 at 08:47

Good morning

Been out and emptied the moth trap, lots of Poplar Hawk moths today

20/06/2013 at 09:19

Morning everyone

After very hot day yesterday it is raining for which I am grateful as everthing is so dry. Who would hve thought that might be the case a few months ago.

yesterday as i ambled around "planning" I thought how odd; although some things are still about a month behind other plants seem actually to be ahead of time. Has anyone else noticed this.

All cannas and dahlias now out and some more of my worst chore [ staking ] done.

No high culture for me, off to see Bruce Springstein tonight. He is the OHs favourite having seen him about 20 times. My tastes fairly obvious from forum name.

Have fun everyone and as Verdun said, Seize the day in case its your last.

20/06/2013 at 09:29

Everything is out of sync. Punkdoc. Things that don't usually flower together are doing so. 

The catalpa, always late, isn't fully in leaf yet, not much chance of beans this year

20/06/2013 at 09:36
Fairygirl wrote (see)

KEF- the problem is - will they do anything? I know what you mean about spammers doing it for the hell of it but I'd hate it if it puts new people off using the forum when they need some help.

Perhaps Sue's email will have some effect. Perhaps we should all email - how did you do it Sue? 

Went to Home, scrolled right down to bottom of page, clicked on Contact Us, and hey presto, mail page comes up!
Interesting to look at the names of the posters, don't sound very European to me!!

20/06/2013 at 09:37

How about emailing the spammers and telling the to f... off

20/06/2013 at 09:42
nutcutlet wrote (see)

How about emailing the spammers and telling the to f... off

Have done just that right now Nut!!

20/06/2013 at 09:47

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/25846.jpg?width=540&height=350&mode=max

Have just received the above mail

20/06/2013 at 10:11

Morning all

Got sticky keys again  Knew I shouldn't have tried to clean the keyboard yesterday  No full stops!

I would and will report the spammers to Daniel  After all, he's the man in charge and seems to get things fixed  Well, he has done for me in the past when I've brought problems to his attenton 

Anyway, back to more important things  Dull today but not so humid and looking like rain Hoping I can get the grass cut before it does  Popping to B&Q later this afternoon to get some trellis and other bits and bobs I've run out of  Missed Wednesday 10% day

BL, you will need a holiday when you get back home with all this gallivanting You're certainly getting about 

Hope you're OK Verdun 

Have a good day all and Daisy, as another poster said recently about only eating cake when there was a 'y' in the day, the same applies for not doing housework

20/06/2013 at 10:11

Morning

I'll leave you all to sort out spammers.

Off to Cheltenham in search of Moss for this b***** top hat and tails. This afernoon going to meet a dog-sitter to see if dog is ok with her and her dogs and vice versa. 

On a gardening note it is very humid here. Rained overnight but only partially filled the water butt and the other one is still not filling (overflow from first)

Ground looks damp but have a feeling if I were to dig down it would be dry.

Back later, goodness knows when 

20/06/2013 at 10:42

Me again. Just received this message from Daniel.

Thanks for your message. Naomi is currently deleting the latest batch of spam messages. They're very annoying, aren't they? We have reported it to the tech team, and asked if our spam filters can be adjusted. The filters catch most of the spam on the forum, but spammers often find a way around them. Hopefully we'll thwart their latest efforts and they'll go elsewhere!

Just have to hope they can do the adjustment.

20/06/2013 at 11:18

Well done Tina. How do you contact Daniel direct?