London (change)
Today 16°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 10°C
23/06/2013 at 14:11

If you type something and then think twice about it  you can always use the edit button 

Not really warm here, and dampish and very blustery.  Have staked a few more of the taller perennials .  There's some new growth on the clematis that needs tying in, but the trouble with the Shady Bank is that you need to be a bit of a mountain goat to get up there, and now everything's growing so lush there's not really room to put your feet when you do get up there.   What I really need is wings - Fairygirl, where's your want? 

23/06/2013 at 14:17

Just sprayed my sweet peppers with SB Plant Invigorator after discovering a few accursed spider mite! 

I had to rummage around for an hour in order to find my magnifier to be sure after seeing a little damage on some of the leaves.

They're a blooming nuisance in my conservatory every year and I usually end up having to get some Phytoseiulus predator mites delivered, which makes the peppers expensive to grow.  Hopefully I've caught them early enough this year - we shall see..

A pity that Jeyes Fluid can't be used on UPVC windows as it stains them, otherwise I'd give it a good clean over the winter like I do the GH.  

23/06/2013 at 14:40

Oh poo!!! I meant WAND!!! Duh! 

23/06/2013 at 15:27

Verdun, as if I would tell you where to stick your plant.

Said earlier you learn something new every day.  Not that I ever would contemplate cleaning my windows with Jeyes Fluid, but now that Bob has told me what will happen, I certainly won't. See what I mean about funny people on here.  Hope Bob was being funny.

23/06/2013 at 15:47

Brrrrrrr!!!!!! Just come in from watering as the cmaller containers and all the baskets are really dry(wind). My fingers were like icicles by the time i'd finished. Thought this was June.

Stii extremely windy, was in GH and such a strong gust took me running in doors for safety!

23/06/2013 at 16:06

Skanky here too and had my sister on phone for hours just when I came in for lunch  -so I'm eating it now......I know I know....it's after 4pm 

Matty I read your post about your poor rose - I didn't read it properly -thought it was called Summer Snog!!!!

Dove the trouble with my wings is that it's the same as for bees- they don't work too well in the wet 

23/06/2013 at 16:17

Right, I think that's enough done in the garden today - still got loads to do but the important stuff is done - tomatoes tied in and pinched out, new sempervivums potted up and placed where OH can see them from the studio (I'll turn him into a gardener yet  ) visible weeds removed from the Shady Bank, where I could reach them, and the clematis have all had some fertiliser - they're flowering their socks off and look amazing, they'll need some food to keep going at that rate . 

I've not planted up the tub for the front porch as the deep orange daisy I bought to go with the black/red canna and the yellow bidens isn't looking too healthy - I'll have to go to the garden centre again and find something else to suit that group. 

I'm feeling much better too, fresh air, exercise and some grapefruit juice to drink I'm going to put my feet up for half an hour, then I'll have a shower and start on supper - ribeye steaks, new potatoes and salad.  

23/06/2013 at 16:21

Those steaks are not really good for you dove.  Tell you what.....put them in a poly sleeve and then into a jiffy bag, first class, and post them to me.  Ill get rid of them.  I'll  do that for you

23/06/2013 at 16:28

You're good Dove! Can you come and do my dinner too? I'll lend you my wings...

I'll have to go and get something for it as the cupboards are a bit bare. If the rain doesn't stop persisting down I might have to do food shopping...

23/06/2013 at 17:38

Fairygirl here's what i got at the GC

2 Arenaria montana £1 each 1 Iris baby blue £5

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/26094.jpg?width=272&height=350&mode=max

1 Verbena Rigida £3.99

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/26095.jpg?width=272&height=350&mode=max

All from the clearance corner always looking for a bargain that's me or just tight with money wife might say the second lol right off to play bowls at 6.00 better move in a hurry.

23/06/2013 at 17:41

Well Verdun, if you had mowed my lawns when you  said you were going to, you could have had one of the steaks (OH says he'd prefer sausages) - but you mowed next door's lawn instead - perhaps he'll share his Wiltshire Farm Meals with you? 

23/06/2013 at 17:42

I've been lucky with waether.I was lying out in the rays for a couple of hours earlier. Then some minor pottering. I picked all the flowering sweet peas and now have the most delightful smell in my living room. Need to do some more sorting ready for my return to work on Wednesday in a while.Then some TV and an early night I think.

23/06/2013 at 17:42

Suns come out - YAY

Wind hasn't gone though

23/06/2013 at 17:56

Andy- we all love those plants in the clearance corner

23/06/2013 at 18:06

Just seen what Bob the Gardener said about Jeyes Fluid. They don't sell it in France and I have just bought some here. Does it upset polycarbonate greenhouses? That's is what I bought it for - to clean my pc greenhouse.

KEF
23/06/2013 at 19:01

Bob those damn things usually appear at start of June, but late this year. We have to wipe conservatory window sills outside at least 3 times a day with a very wet sponge, or they leak red all over. Inside it's wet kitchen roll to dab them with, if I catch the odd one heading for my white blinds (gross to say ) it's a wet finger on them and then a hand wash.

Luckily they seem to only be here about a month. Neighbours don't have a problem and we wondered if they arrived in the sand that was part of mix for conservatory brick work. They don't seem to crawl up the wall just appear under the sills and then on PVC, and inside through any means available.

Busy L, I don't know.

I clean glass houses and canes with it, and sometimes drains, but will say it stinks, and I hate the smell. 

23/06/2013 at 19:23

Jeyes will,stain,permanently your,polycarbonate greenhouse busy L. 

23/06/2013 at 22:46

Oh bother, it wasn't cheap. Wonder what I'll use it for then.

23/06/2013 at 23:18

Cleaning flowerpots

24/06/2013 at 05:03

cloudy dark. here in north manchester things can only get better