London (change)
Sat 10°C / 5°C
Tomorrow 10°C / 10°C
07/09/2013 at 14:35

I agree Nut, in those circumstances it is difficult to claim accident, however I think you will find that a lot of them will sneak into your trolley when your back is turned and hide away until you get to the till or the car 

Stacey I'm still hoping that I can add a monstereous mischievous to my garden, one day, one day 

07/09/2013 at 14:42
Stacey Docherty wrote (see)

Lol oh I have dove they are all supposedly for the wooded bit .... 

I've got a wooded bit .................... ish - under the ash trees

07/09/2013 at 14:45

I'll make a full confession on return to the forum 4thP

Those little monsters area great addition to a garden. 

07/09/2013 at 14:48

All this buying is making a mrsG rather jealous .... must do better.

Here are the phots I mentioned earlier about the hail storm we were caught in on holiday (2005) in Austria. It started as a beautiful hot sunny day, we took a long walk to the outdoor pool then this happened...

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/30653.jpg?width=300&height=350&mode=max

I'm the one croached over protecting the babe, me and older one full of bruises...

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/30654.jpg?width=300&height=350&mode=max

Damage to car bonnet... (not ours)

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/30655.jpg?width=300&height=350&mode=max

and to the once beautiful vegetable gardens...

there was no soil to be seen the day before...

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/30656.jpg?width=300&height=350&mode=max

Devastating! Hope Cornwall's ok now.

07/09/2013 at 15:00

Panda she certainly makes life Interesting, and you end up with garden structures like this ..... Lol

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/30657.jpg?width=512&height=350&mode=max

07/09/2013 at 15:47

Quick question - I  was just about to pot on some plants to over winter them, as suggested, rather than straight in ground. I have some polystyrene blocks to put in the bottom - never usd it before but seen lots of posts about it so - how do i use it ...     does it need breaking into very small chunks or will inch sizes be ok? 

07/09/2013 at 16:05

I use largeish chunks  at least an inch, probably more, depending on the size of the pot 

07/09/2013 at 16:11

Thanks dove

07/09/2013 at 17:08

The big square terracotta pot with the fig tree in it has got most of the packing from a Futon Shop rocking chair at the bottom, in large chuncks about 6"x4"

08/09/2013 at 07:45

Good morning folks 

A beautiful sunny morning here - the early cloud has disappeared.  The hedgehogs were on the terrace last evening, munching their way through their supper and drinking the frresh water we make sure is there for them.  

There's paperwork to be done today and I also need to download the instructions for my new camera and learn to use it, but there's gardening to be done ..... 

08/09/2013 at 08:03

Morning all.... Chicken cleaning out today .... Not my fave job but needs to be done.... its a lovely mornin here the sun shining on the cobwebs ..... Been for a mooch round this morning and am still very happy with yesterday's purchases...... Last night though verdun ( wanted in many counties for many offences) said to cut the flowering stem back on my thalictrum but there is no base foliage do I still cut it back Or cut it back to the first set of leaves on the flowering stem??well fresh eggs for lo breakfast so best I go cook them.... Have a lovely day all....

08/09/2013 at 08:12

Morning all,

Grey morning at the moment,much colder last night.

Baby cuttings are all snug and warm in the greenhouse.

Have a good day all. 

08/09/2013 at 08:42

morning all, early swim lessons start again todayfor son.

Gardengirl, pansy/violas look really fresh, which company did you use?

gilly, im still keeping my fingers crossed on the cuttings, early days still but think 50% are on their last legs already after I dint hide them quichk enough before undergardener drowns em!

Dove - new camera, wow can't wait to see more pics, think autumn (detention, 'a' word).

08/09/2013 at 08:51

Aaahhhhhh Sunday ...... Coffee and around the world in 80 gardens ( with peppa pig in the background) 

08/09/2013 at 09:15

Stacey, it really will make little difference .....just cut back to first leaves for tidyness I think

Morning everyone.

Sun is emerging.  Nice yesterday.  But showers threaten too.  

After removing conifer couple of days ago and digging in compost it is now planting day there.  Got anemone wild swan, geum totally tangerine, and astilbes to go in as well as splitting and moving astrantias and large hackonochloa.  Abelia Confetti, I have been nurturing all summer, will go there too. It's really completing the whole border that I planted last winter and early spring.  

My birthday yesterday so, although perfect planting day, I was spoiled rotten so can't complain 

Have jolly good day folks

08/09/2013 at 09:28

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/30690.jpg?width=265&height=350&mode=max

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR YESTERDAY VERDUN !!!

08/09/2013 at 10:10

oooooo that looks lush!!!

08/09/2013 at 10:12

Belated happy birthday verdun. 

08/09/2013 at 10:14

Have I missed something, is Fairy on holiday ?

08/09/2013 at 10:17
Happy birthday for yesterday Verdun - glad you were spoiled !

Think i will go to Wisley today after all. FiL is going with his garden group, so OH is coming with me and we will meet him for a cup of tea. Even if the show is not that good I love Wisley, and the prairie borders and orchards will be worth a wander.
Had an online plant spending spree yesterday. Looking forward to the arrival of Monches, the Fairy roses ( which reminds me - where are you FG? - hope your back is feeling better now), tulip bulbs ( white triumphator and ballade for this years pots) and some more day lilies ( stafford and gentle shepherd). Can't wait