London (change)
Today 23°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 22°C / 14°C
61 to 80 of 295 messages
06/04/2013 at 15:56
Gloucestergirl13 wrote (see)
Welcome back flowerbird, I feel what your saying dovefromabove & tinaturner. Even though I am 24 I am nearly 39 weeks pregnant & am having to tell myself to take more regular breaks.
But I am always find something else in the garden that needs pulling up or doing! Will be glad when this baby is here so I can go back to my old ways & just get on with it!

I do love my gardening also I hope everybody is making the most of this gorgeous sun some of us seem to be having especially down here in the south!

Oh, Gloucestergirl, I envy you.  Best times of my life carrying my babies, well, with the exception of one!!  What a lovely time to have him/her too.  All the summer ahead of you and, hopefully, good weather.  I'm only 21, by the way.  Younger than Dove.  Oops, best not look in the mirror.

06/04/2013 at 15:58

Just double checked. 24!  That was a long time ago.

06/04/2013 at 16:07
TinaTurner wrote (see)

Just double checked. 24!  That was a long time ago.

Tina- I can't remember as far back as being 24!

And didn't have first child till I was almost 37!

06/04/2013 at 16:12

I'm only 27 as well - 3rd baby was at 36 and I went out shovelling snow at 41 weeks as was so fed up. Neighbours all rushed out to stop me!!

Didn't bring her on though - had to wait another week

06/04/2013 at 16:15

Child number one arrived when I was 35.  Number two when I was 37 - Just.  In between I had to have BOTH eyes operated on to remove Cataracts - apparently it runs in the family as my younger sister has had one done too.

I was three during that long hot summer.  I vaguely remember it - being very hot, and sitting on the swing, sharing a choc-ice with my Mum, who'd cut it in half in order to eke them out!  She also managed to save most of the flowers and veg in the garden, by passing the washing-up water through a sieve and then a coffee filter into a watering can, the neighbours didn't bother recycling and lots of their plants died.

If I've been told the truth, they also had to do some demolition in the Ladybower reservoir - when they built it, an entire village was moved (including some of the inhabitants of the churchyard, if required by relatives), and they just flooded the village as it stood.  During the summer, the reservoir dropped that low, that the bell tower of the Church was visible, and several young men had to be 'rescued' as they dared each other to swim out to it.  In the end, it was so much of a problem, that the bell tower was demolished.  Don't know if it's true, but a great story.  This was also where the dambusters practiced, every so often the BBMF does a run out over the waters to commemorate the raid.

06/04/2013 at 17:07
By the time I was 22 I had 3 little ones - they are now 48,45 and 44
I am still about 27 but my knees keep telling me I am older
Pam LL x
06/04/2013 at 17:09
With you there Pam! My mum who was 84 told me she still felt 18 in her head.
06/04/2013 at 17:52

I don't think we ever get any older in our heads - I'm sure my Pa still feels like the young man he was when he came back from the war and first set eyes on Ma and asked her to marry him 6 weeks later.  They celebrated their 65th anniversary last month, and he's still besotted with her 

06/04/2013 at 17:58
Dovefromabove wrote (see)

I don't think we ever get any older in our heads - I'm sure my Pa still feels like the young man he was when he came back from the war and first set eyes on Ma and asked her to marry him 6 weeks later.  They celebrated their 65th anniversary last month, and he's still besotted with her 

Dove- lovely 

I find when I look in the mirror I still look 27...that's the advantage of failing eyesight I suppose! 

MMP - I think that is a true story about the reservoir-I'm sure I've heard it.

06/04/2013 at 18:29

That is lovely Dove. 

I started my family at 30 and had 4th at 38. Loved every minute of it.  If I tell you how old my youngest is, you will know how decrepid I am!  I get so annoyed when I can't do what I used to. I do hate having to ask for help, mainly because I want it done now, not when son feels like it.  If it's good tomorrow, I am going to try and move a shrub, long established, as it is getting crowded out.  

Fairygirl, when I look in the mirror, I see my Mum Spooky.

06/04/2013 at 18:33

Think we should rename this thread 'Ladies Only'!

06/04/2013 at 18:35

Am I eligible to join? I'm 24, have 2 kids aged 41 and 43.

06/04/2013 at 18:41
nutcutlet wrote (see)

Am I eligible to join? I'm 24, have 2 kids aged 41 and 43.

Are you pre or post menopausal? 

06/04/2013 at 18:41

As long as you are under 24,  or should that be 27, then that's OK. Can't be doing with any of these wrinklies.

06/04/2013 at 18:43

No Tina, I'm really immature

06/04/2013 at 18:49

TT - I also look in the mirror and see my Mum !  Used to think it was spooky - now just think it is lovely

06/04/2013 at 18:52
I am post menopausal and haven't got any children, I have got teddy bears though.....a little collection of them. x
06/04/2013 at 18:56

We're going to have to be careful, ladies, or we'll start talking about the process of sprogging, then we'll have GloucesterGirl and the blokes running for the hills.  I found it mostly boring (they tried to get small boy out before he was ready and ended up having emc), with some mostly unpleasant bits, mostly towards the end.

I'm also surprised some folks have made it to 27.  I've stuck at 17.  Then again, after I found out what the bullies were REALLY like, I've not given a foetid dingo's kidney about what other people think about me.  I like me, and if they don't that's their problem, not mine!

06/04/2013 at 19:00

Nice one MMP

06/04/2013 at 19:08

Dove and I were pregnant together in '75 and '76! My daughter was born end of March 76. I was 24 then - so that makes me.............. must be 27  We lived in New Malden then. I bought a paddling pool that my little daughter and I used to sit in 'cos it was so hot.

I've had 2 boys and another girl since then. They were all quite small when we moved to France. Now most of the summers are hot.

61 to 80 of 295 messages