London (change)
Today 9°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 3°C
301 to 317 of 317 messages
12/11/2015 at 21:13

That looks great Fairygirl  no circular saw here either - do need to get a new saw worn my saw out a bit

Fairygirl you know you want to get the pallets go back

13/11/2015 at 15:47

No circular saw involved here either. In fact absolutely no cost at all for that planter. All nails were reused and the paint came from the previous plant stand I made. My own home made glue was used based on tree resin and the only other items were a couple of G clamps that I must remember to return to my neighbour.

13/11/2015 at 18:40

Think the pallets are a bit soggy now  Ggirl - wouldn't really want to put them in my car...

13/11/2015 at 20:20

That is great Edd I try to save as many nails that I can re-use

Fairygirl that is when I usually end up collecting them not all the time but quite a few times I end up getting them in the rain, we use those free Hillier boot liners in the car that helps  

just been looking on Youtube for pallet bench ideas

13/11/2015 at 20:52

Take a look back through this thread Gardengirl..

You have proved that you are more than capable of producing these ideas.

Is it for a inside or outside project? You will need a sander for indoors.

Edit: I have these ideas on file, if it helps.

You need to find these pallets with rounded edges for inside jobs. They are great but rare.

How posh would you like it and what space do you have?

If you need help with plans then just tell me what material you have and I'm sure we can come up with something to suit you. 

13/11/2015 at 21:30

So impressive 

13/11/2015 at 21:42

Not my work GWRS (just google ideas on file) . I would be very disappointed if my work turned out like that as it would just not be satisfactory. 

14/11/2015 at 10:50

Edd thanks do like the bench with BGS on but not quite sure how to make it - the leaning of the back bit, I would have smaller sides though  it will be for outside

For Woolston train Station Hampshire (Mark head project volunteer person)  going to get a lease on a bit of station garden behind an old signal box and going to make it like an allotment community garden growing fruit and veg and flowers

It will need a big clear out to start with being over grown  

So I was thinking I could make a pallet bench or two possible I know I am super busy with pallet bits but thought it would be nice and with free thick timber a planter or two  

Thanks with the help for plans

So that will be more sourcing of pallets and wood

14/11/2015 at 11:23

My boat's on the Itchen, not far from Woolston.  Fancy making me some bunks and stuff out of pallets? 

14/11/2015 at 11:51

Steve 309 is it a big boat? which way from Woolston nearer Bitterne triangle way or Netley way? 

Bunk beds interesting idea out of pallets - would only be small ones as to get into the car 

Here is one from internet, there is lots of videos on Youtube

16/11/2015 at 17:31

Well today found my self a pallet or 2 - one still intact the other I took apart, also got some more wood

Looking at the pallet for a bench it does look about right just needs some bits removing then some adding will have to find more pallets for the legs want good strong legs

16/11/2015 at 17:39

Not big, Gg, it's a Westerly Centaur, 26' long and in Bitterne.  Just about room for three (although it was said to be a family cruiser with five berths when designed and marketed in the seventies).

Different sort of bunk - those are only found in ships, or at least boats with a lot more headroom than mine.  I just want to make the settee berth in the saloon a few inches wider.  Those look brilliant though.

16/11/2015 at 18:14

You'd need to make sure they (the bunk beds) were well sanded... ouch!   

16/11/2015 at 19:47

Would be like that Fairygirl, but mattress would help  

so is anyone collecting pallets or going to do a pallet project?

16/11/2015 at 22:35

Got a 6 pallets was going to make a vertical strawberry planter , somebody on allottment has one but a real problem watering , so not going to do it 

Will have to have a think what to do with them ?

18/11/2015 at 16:46

GWRS make something good ....... got any ideas yet?

I have took the blocks and the back planks off the pallet and figured out I could get two sitting benches from it the top area just got to find some legs planks which means finding another pallet  

18/11/2015 at 18:33

Gardengirl , still got to do permanent repairs from the Vanderlism and glaze g/h before thinking about pallet construction , always something to do 

email image
301 to 317 of 317 messages