London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 10°C
141 to 160 of 284 messages
22/10/2013 at 19:36

My oldest daughter is obsessed with Marvel superheroes..

Reggie Perrin...brilliant.....I didn't get where I am today...

Kojak. Splendid!

I bet Verdun remembers writing with chalk on a slate at school 

KEF
22/10/2013 at 19:52

Fairy

22/10/2013 at 21:42

I had said I thought Verdun was younger than me, but now he's said more about what he remembers I'm not so sure!

22/10/2013 at 22:27

KEF, not bad.  Not just hint of grey tho.  Prob not far off I guess.  But men are younger than women so if I am older than you I'm not really cos I just explained why 

Fairy, fairy fairy!  Such a lack of respect for your betters.  Still get the odd run in when I take my dog tho.  Can't beat my 19 year old niece at air hockey at amusement arcade and, boy, do I try hard to.    Mind ??ou no one beats her at anything. People say Ive never grown up......oh, do grow up, they say respectfully 

Busy.....I remember the summer of 1903 ....wot a scorcher.  

So, the clues are there ladies 

Now, fairy........well. She rides a broomstick but a very modern one.  Turbo charged. Metallic blue cos it's made of lightweight aluminium but still has her L l plates.   She pretends she's building a garden but really she sits on a deckchair waving her wand in one hand and a can of rough cider in the ofher and swearing like a trooper when she forgets her spells. Oh!  She's greatly overweight as can be seen by the curve of that broomstick and..........oops! I'll get my coat now I think 

22/10/2013 at 23:14

I swear I distinctly heard the swish of a magic wand, and then Verdun said Gribbitt ....

22/10/2013 at 23:38

LOL Kef what have you started! I double dare you now!!!!!

As i said before Verdun, men stay little boys, no matter their age

23/10/2013 at 00:19

Yes but don't tell Fairy..........er.......anyway it was Brum wot said it. It was his idea to say those things. I didnt know wot I was sayin.  And....does she really have magic power?...oops!

23/10/2013 at 07:26

Are you brave enough to chance it he he. 

AndVerdun are you saying that you have a split personality,  or that you and Brumbull are one of the same , curiouser and curiouser 

23/10/2013 at 08:30

Be very afraid Verdun,its Halloween soon,you should not have mentioned the "curve of that broomstick".

Probably a cauldron being stirred right at this moment......eye of newt....wing of bat 

23/10/2013 at 08:49

Lily.  Bit concerned that fairy exacts a revenge..   

I can assure ??ou Brumbull and I are 2 separate distinct individuals so no split personality.    

Gilly.....I know.  It is a point of concern. Mind you, eye of newt is tasty.  You do know it's a traditional Cornish breakfast........funnily enough bat wings too.  And Cornwall is riddled with tales of mystery and legend    The most haunted places are in cormwall.  

23/10/2013 at 10:46

The Ping Wings

Hi Sara 4

Thank you so much for mentioning this programme - I thought I had imagined it.

I was out with a group of friends a couple of years ago and we got to chatting about our favourite kids programmes. We are all in our late 50's/early 60's. We all remembered Twizzle, Sparky and Noggin the Nog, But I was the only one that remembered the Ping Wings - unfortunately I had remembered it as "The Penguins" and despite Googling the name and searching lists of old childrens progammes I could find no trace of it.

So I was delighted to come across your post today and discover I had got the name wrong. I have just spent a happy 5 mins on Youtube watching an old clip and remembering how much I loved it. I also remembered that the theme tune used to make me sad (I was only 6).

Thanks again

Tamarix

23/10/2013 at 13:44

Noggin the Nog - happy days Tamarix! Watched Noggin and the Ice Dragon as a child. Just beautiful, and Oliver Postagte's voice ....Bought a Noggin book for my daughter when she was little and she loved it. 

23/10/2013 at 13:59

I've just read your posts Verd....be afraid....be VERY afraid....

And the broomstick's soft, sagey green - don't care for blue. It's getting serviced right now, but when it's ready.... 

23/10/2013 at 17:46

Morph the little character made by Tony Hart.

I think I remember Twizzle too,was that the character whose arms "twizzled" out to a huge length ?

Bewitched,I loved Samantha,anything like you Fairygirl?

23/10/2013 at 17:49

Oh no Gilly- nothing like me at all....

I'm more like the mother.....

23/10/2013 at 17:59

I don,t believe it Fairygirl...........you are only 28 after all

23/10/2013 at 17:59

Lol fairy, thats not what I had in my head at all!

23/10/2013 at 18:08

I mentioned morph GillyL, didn't think anyone remembered him Yes Bewitched i had forgotten that! 

What about the shop chelsea girl , or Lady at Lord John,  Biba, 5th Avenue

23/10/2013 at 19:53

Oh heck......fairy's read my post.   I've already pleaded ignorance on hello FORKERS. 

23/10/2013 at 20:04

I am joking - I really look like Sophia Loren....

You've been rumbled Verdi 

Biba - my sister had loads of Biba stuff lily. If she'd kept them she could have sold them for big bucks on ebay.  I'm surprised she hasn't kept them - she's kept just about everything else she's ever owned!! 

141 to 160 of 284 messages