Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

snap dragons,

do snap dragons,return,next year,or do i need to collect the seeds,do i pull them out.thanks.

• PerkiPerki Posts: 2,527

Antirrhinium will live through a mild winter but I pull them out, they will self seeds as well but probably not where you want them. I sow seeds around March time 

• i thought as much,my neighbour said,they came back,but i never thought they did,is it good to save the seeds from the flants,will they be good growers perki

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

they'll come through a mild winter, but to be honest, they're rarely that great the second year. Much better with fresh young plants each spring.

Devon.
  • thanks .hostafan1

• PalustrisPalustris Posts: 4,307

There are perennial Antirhinums. A. pulvinaris and A. molle to name but two of them. They will survive in a well drained sunny spot.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

In a warm loving way,:well drained sunny spot, in UK in Winter., really? tee hee. apart from Verdun, obviously. x

Devon.
  • PalustrisPalustris Posts: 4,307

Well they have survived here and we have some very low temperatures over the last few winters. And even in the winter there are places in most gardens which get quite reasonably warm.