London (change)
Today 10°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 10°C
7 messages
23/07/2007 at 00:53
I am surprised to read that you only saw your first cabbage white this month, as I have had several since early May. I have still had the odd one or two despite the torrential rain in the past few weeks. Keep up the good work your articles are enjoyable.
23/07/2007 at 00:53
Yes, we had our first visit from the cabbage white butterfly this week. We took some photos of the presents they left us - beautiful eggs!! See them here.
06/11/2007 at 12:42
When do Great Tit birds begin to build their nests?
01/01/2008 at 00:00
01/07/2008 at 13:15
I found a rooster potato that had started to grow roots and for fun planted it in a very large pot in my yard it's growing very well but what do I do next, it's been growing for about six weeks now and I topped the pot up with more soil about three weeks ago, can you help
12/06/2011 at 13:15
Wish I knew how to upload a photo on here? I had the most amazing experience with a wild garden sparrow, I actually got it to perch on my finger while it was feeding on the edge of the bird feeding house. Is this unusual or am I Just getting over excited about nothing unusual? It was Only last year that we started to really feed the birds in our garden and we've already been rewarded by parents bringing in their young for a feast..
28/11/2011 at 18:29
I live in Stockport, Cheshire and I have noticed more butterflies and moths this year than any other, stunning red admirals and a red and brown one with tatty looking wings. Also on the up are bees. We have noticed several different kinds of them aswell, when the rain eventually stops I hope to get out and take some pictures with my new digital camera.
email image
7 messages