Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Talkback: Brown-tail moth

I havr found just one of these the other day will be on the look out now for them

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Did you find a moth or a caterpillar Laura - it would be unusual to find just one caterpiller on it's own. 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

But don't kill them please, the moths are beautifuland part of our natural world

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • AsiaAsia Posts: 1
    brown-tail moth ate all my gooseberry leaves within one night. how to get rid of those pests, please
  • TruckerTrucker Posts: 14
    These caterpillars devastated my rhodedendron last year. It did flower this year and its leaves are just recovering. However I've just today seen new caterpilars (so far only 3-4mm long) all over it again. Any advice on what I can spray on it to get rid of them?
  • Little hLittle h Posts: 7
    I have also found one of these on my Cytisus 'Lena' Plant. I live in the south west. I didnt see any more but i will certainly be checking the area from top to bottom just to make sure! I find it odd that it chose this plant as it is not particularly leafy. Right next to this i have a massive green and leafy Holly Hock which i would have thought would have been more appealing???