London (change)
Today 13°C / 5°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 7°C
7 messages
16/07/2007 at 23:34
Hi, I'm considering opening for the NGS. This morning I had a visit from the area (Cumbria) representative of the NGS. The thought of so many visitors in one day scares me a little - I expect that once I have my shady borders better planted and with some colour that I shall feel a little happier if I am accepted. How does one get colour in a shady border? Help!
16/07/2007 at 23:34
We opened our garden yesterday as part of Fareham (Hampshire) in Bloom. 7 gardens participated and, despite the recent apalling weather, we had a very pleasant day weatherwise, with 212 people coming along. It is a really good experience meeting like-minded people and getting to know your neighbours. Try it - it's fun.
02/08/2007 at 11:25
I have solved the problem of keeping snails from favourite plants. Where do I go with my idea? I know it works!
15/08/2007 at 13:27
Please come to my garden!! Seriously though you would need to patent and trademark the idea so no one can pinch it and claim the glory - and the financial rewards should it take off. First step - UK patent office. I wish you luck and success. Does it kill them? and is it toad friendly?
11/09/2008 at 01:23
Does anyone know what my plant is called, its got velvety leaves, tri-lobes, alternating up the stem, its about 5 ft high, the leaves are grey green - each lobe is roughly 4 inches long, its stood in a pot in the shed for 2 years, and i put it in the earth this springtime, its not flowered yet, friends gave me the seeds in America (East Coast)
18/10/2008 at 17:55
I have been growing achoca for 6 years and can add to the comments already gained. they can also be roasted and split open when large they can be stuffed. Also if grown with your climbing beans they will keep blackfly away. I find they are best treated as a late crop and produce most of the fruits in september/october
28/11/2011 at 18:27
Our village (Hepworth) also has a garden trail, every other year. Thankfully, given the rain, this is an "off" year! We are already planning for 2008 - do come if you are in Yorkshire! We have over a dozen, sometimes more, gardens of all sizes. We manage to raise quite a bit of money for the Church in the process so everyone benefits.
email image
7 messages