Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Talkback: Gardeners' World Live 2012

Happy Anniversary...x

• Adam PascoAdam Pasco Posts: 90
    Thanks Karen. I can hardly believe it's 20 years since our first show – much smaller then, but an instant success.

I've got a greenhouse full of plants to take along for our theatre shows. They should really be outside enjoying summer, but the wind, rain and cold feels more like March!

Well, the sun always shines on Gardeners' World Live!

Do come and join us.
  • andrea3andrea3 Posts: 16
    You didn't mention Alys Fowler? I love Monty Don and the new programme but I miss Alys. She brings a freshness and youth to gardening tv that it badly needs.
  • Coming tomorrow, sod the rain! Looking forward to it!
  • Please keep updating the Gallery as due to work commitments, I am unable to visit this year. So as the rain is battering my beautiful James Galway rose I can spend a fortune mentally and look forward to next year.
  • Went yesterday and it was good. First visit to the NEC and I found the signing really poor and spent ages walking about looking for particular things. There wasn't as much variety in the plant stands as I had hoped for.

Main gripe is how a venue hosting the Good Food Show can offer such an appalling selection of food for lunch.
  • Sue AllumSue Allum Posts: 1

Is there a plant swap this year?

Thanks

Sue

• chrissierwchrissierw Posts: 10
    How much is the wildlife camera shown on last night's broadcast from Gardeners World Live, and where can I buy one?
  • LeadFarmerLeadFarmer Posts: 1,496

Search for Bushnell Trophey Cam, various prices depending on spec.

• burhinusburhinus Posts: 58

My first visit this year also. Enjoyed it but not to do evey year.  A bit too much tatt there and puzzled as to how a company selling beds qualifies to exhibit.  Certainly not edible and the rain would not do them much good if you put one in the garden.

• LeadFarmerLeadFarmer Posts: 1,496

Quite a few non related exhibitors this year wasn't there! And lots of empty floor space with no exhibitors. Its as if they struggled to attract traders? Overall it felt like a half hearted effort to me. Wont be going again until I hear its improved.