London (change)
Today 17°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 10°C
21 to 26 of 26 messages
01/11/2010 at 11:38
I'm afraid I didn't see the GW programme, but there's nothing magic needed - just small plants planted out after the last frosts in to a sunny spot, with a soil packed full of organic matter and well fed too. Keep the plants moist and protect with fleece in the first few weeks if night temperatures plummet. Mulch with well rotted manure and ensure they don't suffer drought stress, so that you get plenty of female flowers....and so plenty of those delicious fruits. And no need for a grenhouse to grow courgettes - the plants, like squash, need to go out once all risk of frosts is over, but that's the only protection they need.
26/06/2011 at 15:22
Why is my courgettes roting at the eand where flower is
03/07/2011 at 08:26
I've got the same problem of courgettes starting to grow then turning yellow and soft and dropping off. Could it be becausde it's too hot for them in a greenhouse?
04/07/2011 at 16:53
i have the same problem as many the ends of my courgettes are going soggy how can i save them if at all
13/08/2011 at 09:09
It's good to read that we're not the only ones to have courgettes turning yellow at the ends and then dying off before they've hardly grown - better than last year when we had lots of male flowers and no courgettes but it's so disheartening. I see comment about too much overhead watering (ie rain I suppose) so will try just watering at the base. It's in a large pot - to cosset it! So maybe it's being overewatered? I will try letting it dry out more. Any other ideas please?
28/11/2011 at 18:41
Our courgette plant leaves are going yellow and some are drying out and dying. Should I cut these off? Can I stop this happening? We have a large number of courgette plants too close together, I'm wondering if I should remove every other one? thank you!
email image
21 to 26 of 26 messages