London (change)
Today 13°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 9°C
5 messages
18/04/2012 at 18:41
Hail is awful at this time of year. Two weeks ago we where battered by the NE wind and it brought in eight foot snow drifts on the Yorshire Moors. The wind picked up our 10 x 12 shed and deposited down the hillside. My fruit bushes are scorched but recovering and the new orchard I planted was touch and go as it bore the brunt of it. They always said that April was a cruel and fickle month and sure enough it is living up to its name this year. Sorry that you got hail down in your neck of the woods.
SSR
19/04/2012 at 10:48
I live in Melbourne Australia and we had one day of hail storm around Xmas time and there was no leave in my garden that was intact. Pretty devastating but I've realised that the garden is more resilient than it looks and it recovered quite well. In fact, I suspect the hail storm extended the fruiting season for a lot of plant
24/04/2012 at 19:55
Im just wondering if this is whats happened to my plants and veg foliage,even my onion foliage has all dot marks on them peas and cabbages etc all have the same marks on them,could this be the damage from the hail or even heavy rain...
24/04/2012 at 21:18

Bruising such as you describe is quite common from hail, yes.

13/05/2012 at 10:43
The mini tornado in Oxfordshire brought a dreadful hailstorm. This shredded leaves, knocked off flower heads and buds. My neighbours hostas look as if they have been attacked by an army of slugs and snails. i am sure they will recover, but such a mess.
email image
5 messages