London (change)
Today 13°C / 4°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 7°C
5 messages
11/07/2013 at 21:15
with all the things to put up with it make me wonder if it's worth growing plant's for food as there seem's an end less supply of thing trying to eat what we grow for our own use.
17/07/2013 at 19:15
oldchippy u can say that again; after keeping a hawk eye out for slugs and not seeing any, something is eating my lettuce and I don't even know what. so frustrating
20/07/2013 at 18:39

My main problem is the wood pigeons.  Even though I throw a piece of net over the brassicas, they still seem to get through.

09/08/2013 at 05:06
I have to smile about keeping plants cool and shaded as I have one of those little plastic greenhouses for growing cuttings and seeds and we all know what a death trap to plants they can be but I have a cunning way to keep my babies happy I stand my big green parasol over it and everything is as happy as Larry. hope this is helpful to others.
09/08/2013 at 05:13
I think with the woodpigeons it's best to make a frame around the brassicas so the netting isn't actually lying on the crop and secure the bottom with those pegs like the things that hold a tent in place. Oh! and make sure the netting holes are small enough not to allow the cabbage white butterfly to lay it's eggs on them.
email image
5 messages