3 messages
24/11/2011 at 15:29
I visited Rode Hall in Cheshire last spring where there was a lovely snowdrop display around the grounds - snowdrops eveywhere even little displays in the greenhouse. Some rarer varieties on show and for sale. There was also a Snowdrop Festival in the local church which was decorated with hundreds of snowdrops. Well worth a visit.
04/03/2014 at 16:25
If I were to make this display what would you do with the pot for the rest of the year? Should I discard it after one season and start afresh the next year or would it be possible to "store" the pot and its contents until next year. What would I need to do to the pot if I did store it? Would it need watering regularly after the plant has died off? Would it prefer to live in the shed cupboard (dry, consistent temperature, less likely to get drop kicked across the lawn) or outside? (plenty of rain, varying temperatures, breeze, sunlight).
04/03/2014 at 17:44

When I do a pot of snowdrops for showing, once they have finished I plant them out in the garden where they would normally enjoy growing and leave them to it until it is time to dig them up  the following season. Label carefully.

email image
3 messages