London (change)
Today 19°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 21°C / 16°C
7 messages
04/11/2007 at 11:15
When is the best time to winter my dahlias and geraniums as they still in full bloom?
13/09/2008 at 21:02
I have grown Sunflowers for the Gardeners World seed trial, some of mine have gone mouldy too I think it must be to do with the awful wet weather we have had this year, I have had to cut the flower heads off and put them in the greenhouse until the weather gets drier then I shall put them out for the birds.
10/10/2008 at 19:52
When's the best time to cut the heads of the sun flowers to dry them for the birds the leaves on mine are still green or should I just leave them on the plants, anyone any suggs?
25/08/2009 at 23:51
HI CAN ANYONE ADVICE, I HAVE A SUNFLOWER WITH AROUND 20 FLOWERS ON IT. IS THIS A REGULAR THING. DOES ANYONE NO WOT THE RECORD IS FOR THE MOST SUNFLOWERS ON 1 STALK
14/09/2010 at 09:27
hi all, im astonished and somewhat confused. I decided this year to have some fun in my garden and took a handful of sunflower seeds from my parrots food and scattered them randomly in the garden, mainly for my grandchildren to watch grow. well we had a stunning array of flowers and still do have some coming up, but, and i say but, we have one in the corner of the garden, it has at least 15 stems and this morning i have counted 50+ closed buds + 1 open flower which is the colour of an evening sun going down, im astonished, is this normal and if so will the seeds from this one plant raise others. i have never seen anything like it!!!!! please help
14/09/2010 at 09:30
well kittycat i beat you as i have at least 50 on mine lol
28/11/2011 at 18:30
Why have my huge sunflower heads which were harvested two weeks ago developed a grey fungus or mildew coating which has caused the seeds to rot?
email image
7 messages