Start a new thread

1 to 7 of 7 replies

When is the best time to winter my dahlias and geraniums as they still in full bloom?
I have grown Sunflowers for the Gardeners World seed trial, some of mine have gone mouldy too I think it must be to do with the awful wet weather we have had this year, I have had to cut the flower heads off and put them in the greenhouse until the weather gets drier then I shall put them out for the birds.
When's the best time to cut the heads of the sun flowers to dry them for the birds the leaves on mine are still green or should I just leave them on the plants, anyone any suggs?
HI CAN ANYONE ADVICE, I HAVE A SUNFLOWER WITH AROUND 20 FLOWERS ON IT. IS THIS A REGULAR THING. DOES ANYONE NO WOT THE RECORD IS FOR THE MOST SUNFLOWERS ON 1 STALK
hi all, im astonished and somewhat confused. I decided this year to have some fun in my garden and took a handful of sunflower seeds from my parrots food and scattered them randomly in the garden, mainly for my grandchildren to watch grow. well we had a stunning array of flowers and still do have some coming up, but, and i say but, we have one in the corner of the garden, it has at least 15 stems and this morning i have counted 50+ closed buds + 1 open flower which is the colour of an evening sun going down, im astonished, is this normal and if so will the seeds from this one plant raise others. i have never seen anything like it!!!!! please help

Advertisement

Why have my huge sunflower heads which were harvested two weeks ago developed a grey fungus or mildew coating which has caused the seeds to rot?