London (change)
Today 16°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 8°C
8 messages
28/01/2013 at 16:30
Ah. James. I already have a duck pond at the kitchen door and loads of birdseed and crumbled fat balls on the paths. lots of eucalyptus bark everywhere needed picked up and snowdrops blushing unseen as I saw them a couple od days ago. Yes, the snow for being so pristine leaves us with a mucky mess. The weather this week is not going to be good.
29/01/2013 at 14:12

everything is blown about the garden and puddles of water and fences blown over,the paths and steps are slippery and I wish spring would come.I did see some snowdrops yesterday so there is hope.

29/01/2013 at 17:00
The snow has long gone here in Bournemouth. It is now blowing a gale and pouring with rain. Had a look round the garden yesterday and the bulbs are pushing their heads up and a few things have new shoots showing including my Fuchsias. I love the spring, the blue tits are even checking out the nesting box, so spring is definitely coming.
12/02/2013 at 21:30
I hope that this year is drier than last.
My fruit trees and vegatables were a disaster.
Just waiting for another dusting of snow to arrive tonight (according to the weatherman) and then hopefully the (dry)thaw gets underway.
The Farmers (those that planted vegatable crops) had a terrible time last year.
14/02/2013 at 17:35
Glad i'm not the only one waiting for the snow to melt. I'm Currently in Montreal and we have 4ft on the ground :)
14/02/2013 at 19:03

There was a drought last spring in many areas.  Hopefully the saturated ground we have at the moment will nullify that if it happens again.  Then we had just about the least sunny summer/autumn on record (lack of sun affects veg more than excess rain.)  If we get a decent summer this year, we could be looking at a very good year in the garden.

Got to think positively!

14/02/2013 at 19:28

Snow all gone. Took all the 'iffy' plants out of the cold greenhouse before it starts warming up in there. They can always go back in if neccessary but they're hardy and can take a bit of a frost. The splittings of Thymes I did in autumn have got roots coming out of the bottom of the pots already. 

08/03/2013 at 14:45
Just when we thought spring was heralding her triumphant return old Jack Frost has snuck back in and I am back to wearing my winter woolies, all my spring gardening plans have been put on hold..............but not for long........Jacks days are numbered!
email image
8 messages