London (change)
Today 18°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 13°C
8 messages
19/01/2014 at 18:05
British Summer Time begins, the nights are starting to get a bit lighter already but can't wait until 30th March.
19/01/2014 at 18:16

I'm with you there Tracy. I once wrote a "bucket" list of things to do in January to cheer myself up. Going around my garden was high on my list. Even though light levels are low I think it's important to get as much fresh air and daylight as possible. Gardening is my anti-depressant and tranquilizer and I do suffer withdrawal symptoms in the winter. Bring on the light!    

19/01/2014 at 18:32
You're name is well chosen then daydaisy! I try and walk my dogs 3 miles a day too, can't beat fresh air.

I have been pottering about today in the garden, tidying out my GH ready to take it down and put my new one up and I feel so much better. Just seeing some plants popping up cheers me up, especially new ones.
19/01/2014 at 19:29

Hi

I had two hours yesterday in the garden deadheading violas and polyanthus. Have not been out at all today.. Very windy and side ways rain

19/01/2014 at 20:33

Hello.

Thankfully managed to get out in the garden today and plant my new roses, weed the borders and tidy up a bit.  I'm with you Tracey5 and am looking forward to more daylight hours to spend in the garden. 

19/01/2014 at 20:40
New roses....now there's as idea. I have read a couple of comments today re roses so presume now is the time to buy/plant them. I want some for the front garden and was discussing that last summer so OH can't moan that it is an impulse decision (again) LOL!

I'm looking forward into evenings in the garden instead of watching endless drivel on TV!!!
19/01/2014 at 21:39

Been out today to dead head primroses, trim a few conifer branches sent wayward by the wind and pick up cat poo left by visiting cat grrrrr. Need to replace battery in cat deterrent.  Had a lovely chat with as couple of dogs walkers who stopped to comment on the garden. Friendliness makes the world a nicer place .

19/01/2014 at 21:55
It certainly does Bluebell, we often chat to fellow dog walkers when out....a smile costs nothing (but I can't out them on here!!!)
email image
8 messages