London (change)
Today 12°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 6°C
1 to 20 of 39 messages
27/03/2014 at 19:30

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/40821.jpg?width=276&height=350&mode=max

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/40822.jpg?width=276&height=350&mode=max

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/40823.jpg?width=276&height=350&mode=max

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/40820.jpg?width=276&height=350&mode=max

A few photos of my garden today and although I say so myself,  I think it is looking fantastic, better than it ever has done (except for the grass which isn't my department and always looks like that!!)

My veg patch is more ready than it ever has been at this time of year, ready for sowing next weekend and my fruit bushes are coming along great....thanks to the feed I've given them no doubt.

My new borders look better than I thought they would and can't wait until summer for all the colour.

And as for my GH, well really that speaks for itself and will be full of tomatoes and cucumbers in a few months.

So, sorry for showing off but thank you to everyone who has put up with all my questions and given me advice.  I love my new found hobby and can't wait for the coming months 

27/03/2014 at 19:34

Ohhh - ignore what I just put on the other thread - right - am gonna study!!!

27/03/2014 at 19:36

Study what LOL? 

27/03/2014 at 19:38

OL...........looks excellent............good for you

27/03/2014 at 19:46

Well, you've given me a right good idea there with having that drawer unit in the greenhouse - brilliant idea for storing all the twine, and a pair of scissors, and the small tools/pots etc.  Will be looking out for similar!  Wish our shed looked that tidy too.  Your garden has that ready to go look about it - like it's all under control.  It looks like you don't have to take the picture from certain angles to omit all the rubbishy bits (ahem!) either.  And the greenhouse looks impossibly clean!  I sometimes think this is the best time of the year with all the anticipation of stuff to come.  Well done - you are rightly proud. xx

27/03/2014 at 19:51

Thanks Bee, it only looks tidy because I spent a weekend tidying it the other week before I started the green house and repainted the fences behind the GH and the shed  In previous years I have just done a bit and hoped for the best, I am trying to be more well prepared this year.

The drawer unit was an old one of the boys, it is great for bits and bobs as you said, the middle drawer is full if my hand tools and the too one bulbs waiting to be planted and labels of plants that have gone in  Ooooooh, I do love it 

27/03/2014 at 20:05

Orchid lady......you have the right to show off.  You have done really well   Impressive......for a girl ..oops!  I'll get my coat 

27/03/2014 at 20:07

VERD..... Naughty step now!!!!! lol

27/03/2014 at 20:11
Thanks for sharing your pics Tracey. It has made me smile.... A lot more than that!
27/03/2014 at 20:15

I think Verdun is right though.  Let's face it, tidying up and getting things organised is a man's job, rather like cleaning the toilets.  Women have more important things to do.

27/03/2014 at 20:18

Tracey it looks fab! You have every right to show off! Your dog is also extremely cute 

27/03/2014 at 20:37

Actually, now you come to mention it Verdun, I did have some help from my OH and son #1 so can't really take all the credit, although I did most of the glazing myself. Anyway, I'm not a girl, I'm a Lady 

Bee???  I clean the toilets, OH wouldn't do it properly 

That's my Daisy Ryan, she's my baby girl  I have another too but he is just out of shot.

27/03/2014 at 20:43

Tracey, looooking goooood!! 

Well done, looks great, you've worked hard, every right to be proud, not showing off at all   Noticed the chair  hope you have a radio too.

And Daisys looking cute too.

27/03/2014 at 20:46

That one's Daisy Lily, I'll post one of Ollie 

Thank you so much everyone, I wouldn't have done it without inspiration 

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/40830.jpg?width=276&height=350&mode=max

These are some babies for the GH when it warms up.  Aubergines, tomatoes and cucumbers.  I still need to sow more toms for the hanging baskets. 

27/03/2014 at 20:55

Tracie, he would do it properly if you made him.  Men have, over decades, developed a character trait called 'cultivated inadequacy'.  They wash up badly so you won't ask them again, they mix whites and coloureds, so you won't ask them again, and they clean toilets badly, so you won't ask them again.  I just make them live the consequences of their cultivated inadequacy.  And have a separate toilet that only I am allowed to use.!

27/03/2014 at 20:57

LOL Busy  I might give it a go, he does do a good job of cleaning the kitchen though, that's his job 

27/03/2014 at 20:57

Well, Done, Orchid. Looks lovely. My beds are ready, but garden is a tip at the moment. In the middle of a big spring clear-out, so piles of stuff gathered everywhere waiting for a trip to the real tip Everything that can't be re-cycled, that is!

Verdun, you need you bum smacked, cheeky

27/03/2014 at 20:59

I'm sick of the sight of the tip Jeannie, but do need to go again to get some compost 

27/03/2014 at 21:02

Mine is very good at the kitchen floor.  Hope he noticed I blitzed the fridge today. 

27/03/2014 at 21:29

BB2, my OH, tried to iron a shirt years ago, i'm sure he did it badly on purpose 

Sorry Tracey, the other quote took so long with words getting jumbled up, you beat me to it and said Daisy . So did edit, sorry.

1 to 20 of 39 messages