Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Amazing what you find at night

Walking out at night I found a phial. 4 cm long and thinner than a little finger, thick clear plastic with a stainless steel top.  3/4 Filled with an ambler coloured liquid. You cannot access as the top may have been broken and all that remains is a fitting. Looks like thick oil. Doesn't have any perfume odour.

inscribed on the top was VNO 6% G94A6EO5052. 

Anyone know what I may have found?

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 5,290

Yes pansyface! hehe - like a riddle or crime clue! 

No idea... engine oil? biological warfare? ...

My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • PosyPosy Posts: 3,601

Don't inject it...

• punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 15,039

The new coating for £5 notes.

How can you lie there and think of England
    When you don't even know who's in the team

S.Yorkshire/Derbyshire border
  • thank you all, problem solved. I am told it is the inner of a device smokers use to help them stop smoking. It must have fallen out - hope they realise something is missing. 

Could have been the start of a good mystery novel, couldn't it.

• Thanks for relieving our curiosity image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• KT53KT53 Posts: 9,012
    valerieroberts says:

thank you all, problem solved. I am told it is the inner of a device smokers use to help them stop smoking. It must have fallen out - hope they realise something is missing. 

See original post

If they don't realise it's missing some poor devil is probably wondering why they're still gasping for a ciggy!