6 messages
14/12/2011 at 17:52

An open note to all Shops big and small,

Please Think of the wheelchair user this christmas 

Don't leave boxes in the way ,we got to be-able to move around all this stuff 

i know you want to sell as much as you can ,but if i decide i can't get around your shop i won't buy anything !

So please think before you fill your floor space !!

A wheelchair user ........

14/12/2011 at 17:52

RIGHT GOT IT ON NOW  PHEW 

14/12/2011 at 20:13

I do hate the way most garden centres seem to turn into Santa's Grottoes at this time of year.     But then, if it keeps them going, why should I complain?    I just avoid going to them until January.

21/12/2011 at 15:38

I agree gardengirl6, I visit garden centres for gardening things not to meet elves. but over winter it cant be easy for them to turn a profit. Roll on new year!!

22/12/2011 at 20:05

You are so lucky to have garden centres!  Be grateful and put up with grotty santas once a year.  Here we have "pepineristes".!  It's the same old, same old boring plants, the tried and tested , never anything new or interesting.  And they are closed on Sundays.  Most of the plants are pot bound and so dry you are taking a risk buying them.   Having said all that , in my local supermarket, i have just bought a camelia for 3 euros.  It is pot bound, very dry but desparately still alive.  I felt sorry for it so I bought it even though my soil is nuetral not acid so it's not going to be easy. Wish it luck please.

29/12/2011 at 14:38

Hello Pansy2,

To give your new camellia acid soil, you can plant it in a pot. Here's how to do it:

http://www.gardenersworld.com/plants/pots-containers/trees-shrubs/camellia-pot-display/1143.html

Camellias will take being in a pot quite well. Don't let it dry out in the summer though as they need plenty of moisture when forming flower buds.

'Rescue plants' are always fun. You get a great sense of achievement having made something of a plant that other people couldn't be bothered with. Does anybody else have a habit of rescuing plants?

Emma

gardenersworld.com team

email image
6 messages