London (change)
Today 17°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 10°C
6 messages
19/02/2013 at 14:12
Has anyone tried arm protectors? I am fed up with taking the skin off my arms. Ordinary long sleeves don't do the job and I don't want to waste my money if they are cumbersome. Thanks
19/02/2013 at 14:37

I have but found that the glove part didn't lend itself to being able to get hold of finer material, gauntlets were great at covering arms but out weighed by gloves that were too thick - I put a jacket on to cover arms and take it off when i've finished if weather is warm.

19/02/2013 at 15:24

I've just ordered some gauntlets from Amazon, I'll let you know how good they are, I'm still waging war on brambles, chopping them down then digging out as I clear the space above. so I don't get ripped to shreds.  I did try wearing a fleece, but got fed up with the thorns getting tangled on it.  When the gauntlets arrive I'll let you know if they are any good (or not, as the case may be).

19/02/2013 at 16:28
Did wonder whether they would be a hindrance rather than a help.

I, too, find that I keep getting snagged, even when wearing long sleeves. Hope your gauntlets do the job MMP.

Thank you both for your help.
19/02/2013 at 18:54

I used to ride a motorbike (which is long gone) but my leather jacket still comes in very handy when cutting the hawthorne and wild rose hedge!

19/02/2013 at 20:43
Hmm, that's a thought Bob. Wonder if my daughter would notice if I borrrowed hers! Neighbours wouldn't think it odd as they are used to me gardening in my dressing gown.
email image
6 messages