London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 12°C
1 to 20 of 35 messages
25/02/2013 at 11:44

I know this has come up before-but I see a lot of advice given freely on here-based on experience--quite often it appears we don't know what happened next-or even get a thankyou.

Is it really that difficult to acknowledge the assistance?-again lots do- but again lots don't

And an update would be nice from time to time-especially on long term projects

Thankyou

Apologies for whinging

25/02/2013 at 12:32

I remember a big thread on the old Beeb board about saying Thank-you. Nothing changes much does it?

25/02/2013 at 13:59

Geoff, whinging allowed by a very large majority on this board, let it worry you not.
As for thanks we show our age, the days of thank you, so sorry, can I help are long over as I have found on more than a few occasions when holding a door open for some one to be told I can hold my own B#'=#@--@# doors open, I smile say my pleasure and walk away wishing I had let the door slam back on them. Second thoughts that could be what they want in this sue for a broken finger nail age.
We give our advice, take it or leave it, experience should count but rarely does, that is not our loss, I smile when the old question comes up, "is there an easy way to garden"? Nope.

Frank.

25/02/2013 at 14:17

Another entry for a putative MOB thread?

25/02/2013 at 15:55

Good manners are a statement of who and what I am. They are what I owe to me, not to others.  If other people have no manners it is their problem and shows their character or lack of it.

25/02/2013 at 16:27

Now Soto i hope your not including me in not replying ,because as you know i always say Tar  And I'm still planning how to get my own back for Valentines day matey    iv had lots of great advise on this G/W site couldnt have got our new allotment ready and looking as it does without it ,its just sitting there in the starting blocks just waiting for a bit-o-weather to GO and today i noticed how much dryer its getting in this wind weve got here in Tenby not long now eh

Good Luck all

Alan4711

25/02/2013 at 16:31

Alan -no-you are always one of the ones that do-it is Mothers day soon -slugs are Mothers- give then a present then

25/02/2013 at 16:58

not falling for that one Soto

Alan

25/02/2013 at 18:44

I quite agree, sotongeoff. Now can you help me with a problem, pleeese? How can I change my Avater? I've gone into my settings, clicked on edit (next to the picture), opened Browser and tried to drag and drop my new jpg, but nothing happens. I drag and dropped the original jpg, so why won't it work now? Help! and I promise to say thank you!

25/02/2013 at 19:02

Sue-will send you a message

Edit-your settings wont let me

25/02/2013 at 19:11

Try this-right click on the image you want to use-then click on "save image  as"-give it a name of some sort-then save it-this will then put that image in your picture files

Go to settings-click on edit -box comes up-click on browse-choose picture -open-it should then do its tricks

If you get stuck- come back

25/02/2013 at 19:38

Hi Sotongeoff, On the subject of thank you's and feedback I think I fell into a trap about Bees the other day ,a question was posted by Irene Mac about saving bees she was also talking about not being able to keep chickens rabbits or bees saying that her local council had prohibited her from keeping them ,I contacted the council in Perth and Kinross  , I live in Ireland and they gave me an answer the following day ,they said that there is no by-laws on keeping the above animals or bees so long they are not a hindrance to other residents .

Derek

25/02/2013 at 19:58

I like to hear about peoples progress, but I give my time and any experience completley for free as I get my enjoyment on doing just that. I also learn as much as I give.

So whilst a thank you and an update is appreciated and I don't necessarily expect, need or want it.

25/02/2013 at 20:02

But it would be nice????????????

Derek

25/02/2013 at 20:05

LIke I said Derek, I appreciate it but it's not the be all and end all for me.

The internet is a transient thing,  you can be speaking to a person one day and then never ever speak to them again.

I don't mind if people dip in and out of sites, getting the info they want. I don't expect to be praised/thanks for something I give freely and get a lot of enjoyment out of.

25/02/2013 at 20:11

Hi sontongeoff, wow, with the help of my compi guru OH (after a short row, he thinks I'm a compi dummy), I've finally managed to change my avater. Apparently it wouldn't accept my picture because it ended in jp(e)g instead of jpg!!!! Anyway, many thanks for your help, all the same, much appreciated. By the way, I've changed my message settings, didn't realize how important it could be.

25/02/2013 at 20:17

nice cat different from the other one .

Derek

25/02/2013 at 20:35

jon cob-anagram of billy no mates

25/02/2013 at 21:09

Could think of another anagram , Geoff but I would need another ''b''

25/02/2013 at 21:13

But we use ours wisely.

1 to 20 of 35 messages