London (change)
Today 15°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 8°C
10/02/2013 at 11:51
Geoff. Different job altogether. Sick of the pursuit of the dollar. Retail is ruthless. Interview with ambulance service. Used to do something similar. Hopeful.
Sounds like everone could do with the services of a roofer. I have it the other way round. Roof is very good. Condensation is my problem.
10/02/2013 at 11:57

Another indispensable gardening book is How to Make a Wildlife Garden by Chris Baines (for those who like that sort of thing). Slightly old, 1985, but classic, and there's nothing better that I know of.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=2qACq9JhcYAC&printsec=frontcover&dq=how+to+make+a+wildlife+garden&hl=en&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0CDYQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=how%20to%20make%20a%20wildlife%20garden&f=false

10/02/2013 at 11:59

I have used it but cannot give you a reveiw of its robustness. It is light and I can control it rather than the weight of a builders type. There were some we saw that seemed to just be for the colour choice rather than practicality. It is a british made one - west mids - i think, local farmer shop also sells quite sturdy ones. Firm called Countrywide, Thay have branches spread over quite a distance, check on web for them. 

It does what I need it for, and it's great to be able to load it up with everything I need and wheel it to where I am working. Tips up well also.

10/02/2013 at 12:05
Rosa carriola wrote (see)

It does what I need it for, and it's great to be able to load it up with everything I need and wheel it to where I am working. Tips up well also.

plus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIA1h1Dfp6Y

10/02/2013 at 12:09

Such fun 

10/02/2013 at 12:10
Geoff. Very funny. Perhaps we could organise similar with prize for most pimped out wheelbarrow
10/02/2013 at 12:12

Geoff

Thanks, Bjay. Countrywide nearest are Yeovil and Southampton, not worth the petrol. I don't think I need a heavy duty one any more, not planning to lug concrete and suchlike as in my yoof though it might have to take a couple of paving slabs while I'm redesigning the veg plot and chicken ranch areas.

10/02/2013 at 12:27

I'm hoping mine will carry the odd paving slab or 2 as well. Have to finish Fairy Dell if it ever stops paining 

10/02/2013 at 12:32
Looks like everyone is up and about now ,, good to hear about your books and that you stick to same ones , think m&s hall save my pennies for some plants and seeds instead love my rhs plants and flowers, mil gotmitmthrough a book club , big heavy thing but so many pics and lots of info .
Ironing pile done , showered , snow has stopped (for now) cuppa and cake had ...dog never ceases to amaze how she can go from sleeping inside down snoring and and squeaking to running after me instantly at the thought of food on offer
Right going to light the fire, snuggle down and relax .
10/02/2013 at 12:34
M&s hall ???? ...may have to...
Gotmitmthrough ???? Got mine through ..

I will get round to knocking predictive text off ..
10/02/2013 at 12:34

Take care not to tip them onto the fairies, Bjay, fairies are easily squished

10/02/2013 at 12:48
10/02/2013 at 12:56

Just looked outside and neighbour has thrown about 5-6ft of guttering over fence. Not going out to measure or move it, at this rate it may float away

Daughter just rang - she's begun to clear out ready for if they should move and does she need..... Probably first of many calls. OH said she could come and sort out all her stuff that's in our loft as well

Very careful in fairy land. It is really hard to find plants with 'fairy'names. I have clematis Oberon, and a couple of others, and there is apple blossom in the area. There is a Fairy mix begonia in Suttons catalogue. Any one any ideas??

10/02/2013 at 12:57
Lol it's the text auto corrects that get me, some corkers out there...
10/02/2013 at 12:58
Hehe I didn't read that first bit properly rosa , thought you were saying neighbour had thrown himself over the fence
10/02/2013 at 13:02

Afternoon. Daughter rushed into hospital last night. Frantic dash to Bolton , had to ring nhs helpline who sent an ambulance . She's now in hospital with low bllood pressure , a viral infection and has to have a scan Monday but she has txt this morning and her temperature has come right down. Hats off to our autistic grandson who managed to phone his brother. She was in a state of collapse when we got there. Just glad she's ok. Daniel is now staying with us.

I am so proud of him.

10/02/2013 at 13:12
Oh Jean! That must have been frantic!

Hope all goes well!

n hats off to the little man! ; )
10/02/2013 at 13:14
There is a fuchsia Fairy Blue from t & m
Pam LL x
10/02/2013 at 13:16

Oh Jean such a time, just as she is getting settled.

But well done to your grandson, he should feel proud of himself

Hope all goes well

10/02/2013 at 13:17
Oh Jean - how frightening! I hope your daughter gets well soon
Pam LL x