London (change)
Today 15°C / 12°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 12°C
15/02/2013 at 19:57

Please bare with me too!

This is a tryer!

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/18651.jpg?width=512&height=350&mode=max

15/02/2013 at 20:01
? I'm lost must've missed something
15/02/2013 at 20:04
Rosa carriola wrote (see)

Yes Jo i was asking - could I put it on a fence?

Head is beginning to feel less muddy, still coughing  Not falling asleep as soon as I sit any more. Thanks all for asking.

Bjay, noooo, unless the fence very tall & sturdy. It'll be fine for a few yrs but once it gets going it'll be way to big for a standard panel. Actually thinking about it, why not? I've got one, relatively new plant cf other one, that is going very slowly up a NWest facing 6' panel. So a 3-4ft panel ultimately wont do, but a 6' could work, providing it's a sturdy one.

I inherited one on the side of a garage wall. Every yr now I have to get the tallest steps to remove it from the soffits/ under the roofing felt. I wanted it to travel over the actual roof, where it could go mad without any problems, but it just wont do it!

The flowers smell wonderful btw & the dark coloured bare bark also attractive in the winter months.

All stuffed, still drinking wine, but have cleared up in kitchen & have got the shopping list for tomorrow, including OH's wants! J.

15/02/2013 at 20:05

?? Dean

Is Geoff waiting to see if he's in the 'Sea City' programme?

Well done Bunny, then you won't be able to put them down

15/02/2013 at 20:06

I'm here now -been feeding and watching TV-planted myself on the settee

15/02/2013 at 20:07

Does it have stem roots that can damage brickwork?

15/02/2013 at 20:09
Yes rosa I'm thinking it could be a bad move ..I shall blame you and liz of course
15/02/2013 at 20:11

Just trying to get m yhead around this Windows 8! Totally, totally different to all other operating systems!

15/02/2013 at 20:13
Rosa carriola wrote (see)

Does it have stem roots that can damage brickwork?

Assuming you're referring to HPeteolaris, no, but the stems can sort of 'mark' paintwork of window frames/UPVC, when it's removed. It's self-clinging when established & much easier to pull away from where you dont want it than ivy IME. The stems are quite brittle & a good 'yank' nearly always works. J.

15/02/2013 at 20:19
What are you trying to do with it dean ?

Lost fork/trowel thingy today...emptied wheelie bin and found it , can't find secateurs silly things were black, OH has just ordered me some red ones hint there me thinks . Need to paint everything red !!
15/02/2013 at 20:24

Bunny! Just playing with it!  Jeez! I nearly wiped out entire GW site last night!

15/02/2013 at 20:25
Hehehe it can be very very very tedious , OH is often screaming at it (use for business )
15/02/2013 at 20:32

Gonna love you and leave you lovelies. feel like death warmed up, so have convinced Jess to have an early night with me.

Might pop in later on my phone if I can't sleep, which is likely.

Night lovelies. (Play nice )

15/02/2013 at 20:34
Ohhh no another sickly , hope you feel better soon
15/02/2013 at 20:39

Have a good sleep Becks you will feel better in the morning

Is this yout first real garden Bunny?

15/02/2013 at 20:39

Goodnight Beck's!  Sleep well!

Gunna go eat myself! I love weekends off where ya can just Doss!

15/02/2013 at 20:44
What makes you ask Geoff ?
15/02/2013 at 20:46

Because you seem very new at it all -that is why

15/02/2013 at 20:51
Hehe my first house was a terrace , dad built me raised beds bought plants, loved it ...I have pics. Next was moving in with OH , his slab of grass I transformed to circle lawn with beds around . Next here, slab of grass , pots outside touring caravan as we built house.... Yes I'm new to this , a late starter perhaps to some , parents always gardened , been in same house 45years since moving up from salford
Having worked full time , not had time to garden , bought plants , chucked em in, only grown some seed flowers last 2 years (cosmos mainly) , did some veg in pots year before ....a lot to learn still , last year was first year I took cuttings ..they worked hence I got the growing bug
15/02/2013 at 20:58

As a Brummie, living in Salford area, it's still Manchester to me, until the council tax bill arrives.

Right off to grab the remote so I/we can watch MD's gardens.

Tomorrow could be an interesting day- I must bite my tongue, I must not critise, just grin & mutter under my breath. Wellies & gardening gloves at the ready! Byee, J.