London (change)
Today 12°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 6°C
22/07/2012 at 17:59

False alarm on the grass-he is doing the back now

23/07/2012 at 07:41

Morning all,

One good thing about living up here is we wont be bothered with the Olympics, London will be a nightmare. We can just watch it on tv

Geoff Ive always lived in this area and as far back as time my family has too, we've not travellers until now, my mam and dad now live in France in the South West its an amazing area great growing weather they are big on gardening they pretty well live off the garden all year round having pickled bottled and jar'd everything in site.

We had another nice day yesterday and the bbc weather site is saying dry here till Friday. My OH bought me a weather station for my birthday it has a wee man on it that dresses according to the weather from a raincoat and umbrella to swimming trunks we've named him 'Wee Willie' so Wee Willie has no raincoat on at the moment...

Ive been thinking of my garden Im thinking although I love lupins and they did look well this year they are now pretty well over and straggly my thoughts are for either sweet william which wont get so tall or a small shrub what do you suggest

I'm away to work soon.

23/07/2012 at 08:20

I am off to South-west France soon-will pop in and say hello.

My sweet williams are still flowering now-they seem to have been going for 5/6 weeks-will think of some alternatives-would love to see some pictures of you garden Jenny so if you could??

Off to the doctor's soon-a 20 minute stroll away-in the sunshine

23/07/2012 at 08:29

Near limoges

I have downloaded photos on to the computer Ill get one of the men in this house to show me how to do it later.

Id better go and get dressed, hang the washing out and get to work

Enjoy your stroll and have a nice day

Jenny

23/07/2012 at 09:27

It is already looking sunny here could be a lovely day, I will need to get the hosepipe out soon.

My adventures in east London were exciting, MIL loved the flowers, I pulled up some weeds for her and have brought back 2 more containers that will need planting up. There was quite a buzz around there, I saw a few soldiers with their pink patches and the stadiums look fantastic. The traffic was not good we were stationery at 11pm, OH says they are making a right mess of the roads.

I have a dentist appointment this morning but I will not be able to stroll there.

23/07/2012 at 09:49

I trust that the sheep will not be taken to the stadium via the traditional method of droving, then.

23/07/2012 at 09:51

I have seen Pam's garden!! I have to say its totally amazing, and so beautiful - OH came with me and we were both wandering round going 'wow, look at that! 'look at that!' Pam even gave me a cutting to take home. Have to say the coffee cake and fruit cake were both lovely too. I might have to pop in for more cuttings.......those fuchsias are spectacular.

I have taken some photos so hopefully will post some on here when I've got them off the camera. Got home and looked round our somewhat tatty garden and decided we need to do a lot of work!

Sun is shining, sky is blue, summer is here at last!

23/07/2012 at 09:54

Am back- and live to fight another day-there is still life in the old dog yet

I would love to see the stadium and all the paraphernalia we should be proud of our Country-come over all patriotic there for a moment-it must be the sun

Dentist

23/07/2012 at 09:59

Morning all. Sunny and gorgeous. That's me and the weather ;- )

23/07/2012 at 10:01
Lottiebeans wrote (see)

I have seen Pam's garden!! I have to say its totally amazing, and so beautiful - OH came with me and we were both wandering round going 'wow, look at that! 'look at that!' Pam even gave me a cutting to take home. Have to say the coffee cake and fruit cake were both lovely too. I might have to pop in for more cuttings.......those fuchsias are spectacular.

I have taken some photos so hopefully will post some on here when I've got them off the camera. Got home and looked round our somewhat tatty garden and decided we need to do a lot of work!

Sun is shining, sky is blue, summer is here at last!

I'm so envious, Lottie, I would imagine it's every bit as good as you describe.....one day maybe.

23/07/2012 at 10:06

Jenny-going through Limoges for the overnight stop at Brive.

Lottie-that sounds grand-garden and cake

Flo-but are you bronzed?

23/07/2012 at 12:11

New settings on the message bar !!-what do they do??

Will have to play.

23/07/2012 at 12:57

I have returned from the dentist, I will need my credit card next week.

I forgot to mention my present from MIL, she had been given a Calla Lily but she is deeply superstitious about lilies so was letting it die so she could get rid of it, it is a huge plant in flower so she said I could have it .

Geoff glad you are still with us for another 6 months.

Lottie it sounds like a lovely day out.

23/07/2012 at 13:10

Have you booked a return trip-was it that good -do you get nectar points?

I like calla lilies -they look rather magnificent-isn't it something to do with death the superstition?

Don't like this heat

23/07/2012 at 13:26
sotongeoff wrote (see)
Don't like this heat

Yes, these abnormal temperatures are getting a bit much... only just gone 1pm, and I've come inside.

Glad I stocked up on ice-cream

23/07/2012 at 13:31

I am just off to play in the sunshine for a little while but I'm not sure I can cope - I might have wellie-boot withdrawal symptoms!

Kate it was a lovely day out - forgot to say earlier Pam is lovely. We cycled there so I'm sure I burned off all the calories from the cake!

23/07/2012 at 13:36

I feel a go in the spa coming up and then a lol in the sun-I will brave the heat.

Lottie -tour de woking?

23/07/2012 at 14:05

I also feel I will cope with the heat  if I get more flowers.

@Geoff it is a death thing, just a shame that she was letting the flowers die too. We did not get technical advice???

@Lottie I always argue the digging balances the cake.

23/07/2012 at 14:18

Everyone sounds cheery and lovely now the sun's out. Glad garden trip was wonderful, Lottie - most impressed by the cycling thing. I may have to get my bike out now the weather's perked up. No, Geoff, not bronzed, I turn red and grumpy in excessive heat. Going down the garden to see if there are enough blueberries to pick.

23/07/2012 at 14:20

It has now also got a forum jump feature-but now I can't access any of my posts now on the profile page -perhaps that is being tweaked at the moment

I am going to risk going outside-I may be gone sometime