24/07/2012 at 07:16

It will be good-and we shall do it well-despite all the moans they will be forgotten once it is underway

The sun is beating down again-yay

24/07/2012 at 07:30

Despite not being interesting in football myself, I might just have a peek at one of the opening matches, to savour the atmosphere.

24/07/2012 at 07:47

Not more footie my OH is footie daft and I mean footie daft!! If given the chance to choose between me and footie I know what.. not who.. would win...I have to get moving I was running late for work yesterday with blethering on here. Speak to you all later

24/07/2012 at 07:55

The sun has got his hat on yet again! another full day in the garden beckons! 

24/07/2012 at 09:03

He didn't get very far-it is a bit like quantum leap-will he ever make it home?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-18956350

24/07/2012 at 09:08

It's for his own safety. You can so easily pick up a tiny thorn from just brushing against a bramble. Very nasty. And there are nettles to think about too.

24/07/2012 at 09:36

Sunshine here too.

@Jenny I will put that Umbrella plant on my list, I must be so annoying to order a mixed pack and just get yellow.

I have to go to the post office and I do not have any beige clothes

@Dean do not forget to wear your hat.

@Geoff 

24/07/2012 at 09:45

I hire out beige clothes but only only Wednesdays-so if you can go tomorrow will do you a good deal.

Am shampooing a rug-will the excitement never end??

24/07/2012 at 11:34

I played it safe and wore a white t-shirt.

I have never shampooed a rug, can you not use the fabulous steam cleaner?

24/07/2012 at 11:42

Oh Kate-you have so much to learn-the steam cleaner does floors-it will "freshen" a rug but not clean it-got a supersonic thing to do that -(that would be me) (and a machine)

I am suprised you have lived this long

24/07/2012 at 11:44

I am sure that the one on tv cleans the carpets

I have watered my pots, put washing in the machine and dinner is on

24/07/2012 at 11:54

Don't believe all you see on tv-that is probably a posher one-it wont suck up the dirt -this machine does.

Did all the watering last night-the forecast for Saturday shows a big drop in temperature back to 19C

Dinner-already-roast chicken?

24/07/2012 at 12:11

Now we are trying mexican, I saw this lady on tv she boiled the meat for 3 hours and it was sooooooo tender, as I have toothache thought that I would give it a try.

I will probably have to water again tonight.

I am off to take some photos

24/07/2012 at 13:25

I am off to play in the sun again for a little while.

Elf and safety have told me that field trips to the allotment are only allowed if all attendees wear hard hats and steel toecap boots. Didn't mention anything else. Chocolate brownies will be acceptable as payment. Barry's allotment is the one that wins prizes though. Mine is more 'wild'!!

Can I resist buying myself an ice cream at lunchtime??

24/07/2012 at 13:25

Will you be waving maracas Kate?

Lottie-I have the gear ready-should I wear clothes as well?

This phone hacking thing has really erupted now-and Leveson is drawing to a close.

Still waiting for a choc-ice

24/07/2012 at 13:38

Lottie we are only going to have one week of summer you will need to make the most of it buy an ice cream everyday. I have steel cap boots but no hard hat

Geoff Sadly I do not have maracas but I do have a poncho blanket.

24/07/2012 at 14:00
sotongeoff wrote (see)

He didn't get very far-it is a bit like quantum leap-will he ever make it home?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-18956350

He cant be wanting to get home!!

Sun out at times Im at home all alone apart from the dogs so Im away outside. Im organised with supper its spag bol so Im not answering the phone or the front door Im going to give a big tidy up to about 6ft of a border. bliss

24/07/2012 at 14:03

Poncho blanket sounds like a Mexican film star.

"Mexico Maracas" starring Ponco Blanket, Banjo Burritos and Fidel Fajitas

24/07/2012 at 15:16

I have a dilemma, I thought neanderthal neighbour was watering his garden and after half an hour I thought surely there cannot be much more to water so I looked out the front and his car is not there, what to do?

The meat is looking very soft, fajitas I think

24/07/2012 at 16:02

Has neanderthal gone out and left the hose running? Just because we don't have a ban any more......

Geoff, clothes optional but I suggest something to protect against the nettles and brambles. Sun hats will do if no hard hats are available.

Didn't get an ice cream so I will get one later when I'm out and about.

Jenny, enjoy the time in the garden! Hope the sun is shining up there!